Los Angeles News
3 injured in patrol car crash in Silver Lake
SILVER LAKE, Calif. (KABC) -- One civilian and two LAPD officers were transported to hospitals after a crash involving a patrol car and another vehicle in Silver Lake.
The incident occurred at around 9:50 p.m. Monday at the corner of Melrose and Virgil avenues.
Authorities say that the passenger from the other vehicle and the two officers in the patrol car were transported to local hospitals. Officials describe the officers' injuries as "moderate, nothing serious." However, the extent of the civilian's injuries has not been reported.
Police say that the officers were en route to a robbery in progress at Virgil and Lockwood avenues when the crash happened. The officers are from the LAPD's Rampart station.
If you have any information about this incident, you're urged to call Central Traffic at (213) 972-1853.
CNS contributed to this report.
silver lake, lapd, los angeles news
- Race for LA mayor too close to call 44 min ago
- Search for Oklahoma survivors almost complete
- 'DWTS' season finale: New champion crowned 32 min ago
- Kings lose to Sharks 2-1, series tied 2-2
- LA search-and-rescue on standby for Oklahoma
- Prosecutors shed light on Maribel Ramos murder
- LAPD officer accused of lewd acts on 2 girls
- Immigration bill approved by Senate committee
- Jodi Arias jury sentencing deliberations begin
- abcnews: Boston bombing probe heads to Russia
- Bin Laden photos: Court sides with US govt
- 2013 Legacy, Outback recalled for steering issue
- MJ wrongful death trial: Damaging emails surface
- Photos: 'Dancing With The Stars' week 10