Los Angeles News
Pro-immigration protesters rally at Pomona
POMONA, Calif. (KABC) -- Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano was greeted by protestors Sunday as she delivered the commencement address at Pomona College.
Protestors held signs and chanted "Si se puede," meaning, "Yes we can," voicing their opposition to federal immigration programs.
"We are saying to the administration, Napolitano and Obama, that it's time to keep the promises that they made, which was to legalize the 12 million immigrants in this country, support the dream act and ensure family unity," said protester Jose Calderon.
Protestors also oppose Arizona's new immigration law.
department of homeland security, protest, pomona, los angeles news
- Deputies allegedly planted guns in pot clinic
- $20K reward offered in unsolved Compton murder 54 min ago
- Man found dead outside fumigated OC house 59 min ago
- Flasher strikes UC Riverside, community college
- Man killed in South Los Angeles hit-and-run
- Claremont sexual predator charged with felonies
- Suspicious bag found on the tarmac at LAX
- Trailer spills rocks on westbound 10 Freeway
- Victory for mom who sued TSA over breast milk
- Murder suspect worried tattoo might hurt case
- abcnews: Navy officer reunited with wife, daughters
- Object found in Australia likely not from jet
- 4 Hollywood execs deny sexual abuse claims
- OTRC: Laura Prepon reacts to Tom Cruise rumors