Los Angeles News
Nearly 1,000 pot plants found in El Monte
EL MONTE, Calif. (KABC) -- About $750,000 worth of marijuana will never make it on the streets, thanks to the El Monte Police Department and a concerned citizen.
A tipster led police to a home on the 10700 block of Louis Drive on Monday night after noticing suspicious activity. Officers staked out the home and eventually arrested Phan Tran and Hung Doc Trinh as they left the house within an hour of each other.
Inside the home, police found 978 pot plants. One of the suspects told police they estimated they harvested 60 pounds of marijuana from the location.
Tran and Trinh were arrested on suspicion of cultivating marijuana. Detectives also found a power bill addressed to Trinh for more than $5,000.
All the confiscated marijuana will eventually be stored as evidence.
marijuana growing, marijuana, arrest, los angeles news, leslie sykes
- Nelson Mandela dies in South Africa at age 95 1 min ago
- Girl killed while walking in IE crosswalk
- Jameis Winston won't be charged in rape case
- Cold snap moving across Southern California
- Montebello remains are not human - coroner
- IE basketball coach accused of sexual misconduct
- UCSB meningitis: Fund for amputee student
- US teacher shot dead in Libya's Benghazi
- abcnews: Teen saved after swallowing magnets
- 2015 Ford Mustang still has plenty of muscle
- Identical triplets born to Sacramento couple
- Bynes leaves inpatient treatment, says lawyer
- Banksy 'Flower Girl' could fetch up to $300K
- OTRC: Benedict Cumberbatch recites R. Kelly lyrics