Los Angeles News
Nearly 1,000 pot plants found in El Monte
EL MONTE, Calif. (KABC) -- About $750,000 worth of marijuana will never make it on the streets, thanks to the El Monte Police Department and a concerned citizen.
A tipster led police to a home on the 10700 block of Louis Drive on Monday night after noticing suspicious activity. Officers staked out the home and eventually arrested Phan Tran and Hung Doc Trinh as they left the house within an hour of each other.
Inside the home, police found 978 pot plants. One of the suspects told police they estimated they harvested 60 pounds of marijuana from the location.
Tran and Trinh were arrested on suspicion of cultivating marijuana. Detectives also found a power bill addressed to Trinh for more than $5,000.
All the confiscated marijuana will eventually be stored as evidence.
marijuana growing, marijuana, arrest, los angeles news, leslie sykes
- Malaysian PM: Jet's disappearance deliberate
- Body found at Anaheim trash recycling center
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Brush fire burns near Gorman by Quail Lake
- OC 'flasher' suspect captured in San Diego
- Pinkberry co-founder sentenced in 2011 beating
- Fatal 210 shooting likely sparked by road rage
- Man who hoarded snakes in OC home charged
- Pistorius photographed in bloodied prosthetics
- abcnews: Baby girl with 2 heads born in India
- Crimea vote won't be recognized by US - Kerry
- Baby gorilla born through rare C-section
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)