Los Angeles News
Son saves dad after off-roading accident
HACIENDA HEIGHTS, Calif. (KABC) -- A 5-year-old boy is being called a hero, for getting himself and his dad out of a very tough spot. The father and son were off-roading in a remote area when the boy's dad was badly hurt, and it was up to the youngster to get help.
Phillip Cisneros has been riding with his dad, Gus, a Montebello police officer, taking trips to the desert and dry lake beds where they ride in the open land. Phillip and his dad were on one of those trips last Sunday when Gus had a bad fall on his motorcycle and broke his ankle so severely he couldn't walk.
"I attempted to crawl to our truck which was about 75 yards from where we were at initially and I attempted to crawl there but I couldn't. The pain was just too bad. I was in a world of hurt," said Gus.
That's when Phillip decided to take matters into his own hands. He disobeyed his dad's request to stay put, and took off running in the middle of nowhere to get help.
"I'm thinking that my dad would be ok. He's going to go to the hospital and he's going to go to the paramedics. I was thinking all that stuff," said Phillip. "I wasn't scared, I was brave."
Not only did he find help, but he led an officer from the Bureau of Land Management to where his father had been waiting in pain, and wracked with worry.
"I saw his helmet pop up from the interior of the vehicle. And when I saw that little head pop up, I knew it was him, and I knew he was ok and I thanked God," said Gus.
"I just thank God that he acted the way he did, he's truly our hero," said Phillips mother.
hero, los angeles news, jovana lara
- Whittier standoff with hostage ends peacefully 25 min ago
- S. Korean ferry's slow evacuation probed 11 min ago
- Investigators reenact fatal NorCal bus crash
- Prop 8 lawyer's views on gay marriage changing
- Sriracha owner considers moving plant to TX?
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W
- Tenants receive relocation money from landlord
- Mount Everest avalanche: 6 killed, 9 missing
- abcnews: Victim's mom halts killer's execution
- Chelsea Clinton pregnant with 1st child
- Kittens accidentally shipped from LA to SD
- Key dates announced for 87th Oscars in 2015
- Bryan Singer's accuser talks alleged abuse
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)