Los Angeles News
1 firefighter hurt in Silver Lake house fire
SILVERLAKE, Calif. (KABC) -- One firefighter suffered a minor injury while attacking a house fire in Silver Lake that erupted Saturday.
Firefighters knocked down a house fire that erupted around 4 p.m. Saturday in the 3300 block of West Desconso Drive.
Firefighters said the narrow roads and steep terrain in the neighborhood made it difficult to get to the three-story home.
They say the fire started in the back of the house and spread rapidly.
"I think the aggressive nature of the attack saved the balance of the structure and prevented it from spreading to neighboring houses," said L.A. City Fire Assistant Chief Ralph Terrazas.
It took about an hour to knock down the flames. The cause is still unknown.
silver lake, fire, los angeles news
- Report of gun in LA Times bldg: suspect detained
- Aide to councilman linked to armed robbery
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnap, rape
- E-cigarette ban in public to go into effect
- FBI seeks '76 murder suspect, possibly in SoCal
- SaMo teacher reinstated after subduing student
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- Oakland woman collapses at Coachella, dies
- South Korea ferry captain arrested - Yonhap
- Mount Everest avalanche kills at least 12
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims
- Cute bear cub left alone at animal rescue
- Katharine McPhee stars in romantic TV film 51 min ago
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour
- California farmers to get more water
4 min ago