Los Angeles News
1 firefighter hurt in Silver Lake house fire
SILVERLAKE, Calif. (KABC) -- One firefighter suffered a minor injury while attacking a house fire in Silver Lake that erupted Saturday.
Firefighters knocked down a house fire that erupted around 4 p.m. Saturday in the 3300 block of West Desconso Drive.
Firefighters said the narrow roads and steep terrain in the neighborhood made it difficult to get to the three-story home.
They say the fire started in the back of the house and spread rapidly.
"I think the aggressive nature of the attack saved the balance of the structure and prevented it from spreading to neighboring houses," said L.A. City Fire Assistant Chief Ralph Terrazas.
It took about an hour to knock down the flames. The cause is still unknown.
silver lake, fire, los angeles news
- LA Marathon: Ethiopian runners sweep race 51 min ago
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- Malaysia missing jet: Door possibly found
- Los Angeles Marathon 2014 street closures
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- abcnews: Ex-FBI agent in captivity for 7 years
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- William Clay Ford, Lions owner, dies 41 min ago
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video