Los Angeles News
3 killed when car hits people on 101 Fwy.
STUDIO CITY, Calif. (KABC) -- The 101 Freeway was shut down for several hours following a car accident that killed three people in Studio City.
The accident happened at about 2:10 a.m. Sunday near Coldwater Canyon Avenue.
Authorities said three people had gotten out of their cars on the freeway after getting into an accident. As they were exchanging information, another car plowed into them.
Two men and woman were killed. Three other people suffered injuries.
The deadly crash blocked lanes created chaos on the freeway.A CHP officer at the scene reported at 2:42 a.m. that motorists were making U-turns in the middle of the freeway to get to an exit.
The CHP then requested and received traffic control assistance from the Los Angeles police, who began diverting traffic off the Woodman Avenue exit. The freeway was reopened just after 7:30 a.m.
A death investigation by the CHP was currently underway at the scene.
accident, los angeles news
- Oklahoma tornado: Recovery effort under way 26 min ago
- Greuel, Garcetti face off on Election Day
- Undersheriff Tanaka speaks out against Baca
- 'DWTS': Zendaya holds lead in final four
- LAPD officer accused of lewd acts w/ 2 girls
- 3 charged in bizarre East LA '12 bank robbery
- Video: Pit bull owners rally against discrimination
- Girl escapes brazen kidnap attempt in OC
- UC hospital workers strike over understaffing 41 min ago
- NKorea on day 3 of short-range weapon launches
- abcnews: Apple CEO defends offshore tax policy
- Heart rate fitness tool helps burn calories 34 min ago
- Ray Manzarek, The Doors founder, dies at 74
- OTRC: 'Dancing With The Stars' recap - week 10