Los Angeles News
3 killed when car hits people on 101 Fwy.
STUDIO CITY, Calif. (KABC) -- The 101 Freeway was shut down for several hours following a car accident that killed three people in Studio City.
The accident happened at about 2:10 a.m. Sunday near Coldwater Canyon Avenue.
Authorities said three people had gotten out of their cars on the freeway after getting into an accident. As they were exchanging information, another car plowed into them.
Two men and woman were killed. Three other people suffered injuries.
The deadly crash blocked lanes created chaos on the freeway.A CHP officer at the scene reported at 2:42 a.m. that motorists were making U-turns in the middle of the freeway to get to an exit.
The CHP then requested and received traffic control assistance from the Los Angeles police, who began diverting traffic off the Woodman Avenue exit. The freeway was reopened just after 7:30 a.m.
A death investigation by the CHP was currently underway at the scene.
accident, los angeles news
- Rizzo gets 12 years in prison for corruption 27 min ago
- Jury deadlocks in OC distracted driving case 49 min ago
- 290 missing, 6 dead in S. Korea ferry disaster
- West Adams fire in converted garage injures 4
- 3 'pimps' busted for Compton prostitution ring 10 min ago
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries
- Lake Elsinore man arrested for assault
- Possible 5th victim sought in serial murders
- Teen caught egging homeless woman in Lancaster
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar
- abcnews: 10 most awful jobs for 2014 revealed
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced 54 min ago
- OTRC: AC/DC: Malcolm Young taking break