Los Angeles News
Pollution down at Port of L.A. for 4th year
LOS ANGELES, Calif. (KABC) -- Pollutant emissions at the Port of Los Angeles are down for the fourth straight year.
The port adopted the clean air action plan four years ago. And from 2008 to 2009, the port logged a 37 percent reduction in diesel particulate matter.
By 2014, officials hope the clean air action plan will lead to a 72 percent reduction.
Port officials attribute the decrease to using fewer diesel trucks and a wider use of electric and cleaner-burning ship engines.
Your feedback is important to us! Please complete a brief survey so we may continue to improve abc7.com
environment, pollution, port of los angeles, los angeles news
- Woman attacked at OC mall parking structure 26 min ago
- NKorea executes leader's uncle as a traitor
- Echo Park apartment fire deemed suspicious 21 min ago
- Woman in newlywed murder agrees to plea deal
- Bell's Rizzo to plead guilty to tax evasion
- Arleta deadly road rage suspect identified
- Car slams into Ventura house; driver arrested
- House easily approves bipartisan budget bill
- Mandela interpreter cites hallucinations
- abcnews: Ohio police chief slams Kanye West 17 min ago
- Klinsmann to remain as US coach through 2018
- Giant lobster caught in Huntington Beach 36 min ago
- Redmond O'Neal testifies in Fawcett art case 7 min ago
- OTRC: Disney Channel film to feature Belle's son
- 'The Butler' snubbed by Golden Globes
7 min ago