Los Angeles News
Pro-Israel crowd rallies outside LA consulate
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Hundreds of pro-Israel demonstrators rallied outside the Israeli Consulate Sunday in Mid-City to show support for Israel.
The crowd was very vocal and proud, many waving Israeli flags high in the air. They cheered and chanted as speakers gave speeches at the podium. One of the first to speak was Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger.
All of this comes as the political firestorm continues to grow a week after Israeli commandos killed nine protesters who defied a naval blockade of Gaza.
Those who turned out for the Mid-City rally said that the rally sends a very clear message.
"It makes me cry when I see all these officials, the governor, the mayor's representatives, it makes me cry to see that they believe in us, how they believe in the Jewish people and they believe in the state of Israel," said protestor Rebecca Appel.
Your feedback is important to us! Please complete a brief survey so we may continue to improve abc7.com
protest, president barack obama, blockade, egypt, gaza strip, israel, military raid, palestinian, turkey, los angeles news
- LA Marathon: Ethiopian runners sweep race 7 min ago
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- Malaysia missing jet: Door possibly found
- Los Angeles Marathon 2014 street closures
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- abcnews: Ex-FBI agent in captivity for 7 years
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video