Los Angeles News
$50K reward offered for L.A. robbery duo
LOS ANGELES -- A $50,000 reward is being offered for information leading to the arrest and conviction of two serial robbery suspects.
Detectives believe the man and woman have committed four armed street robberies in downtown Los Angeles and Chinatown since April.
The first two robberies occurred April 25, fifteen minutes apart. Police say at 1:30 a.m., two suspects from a black four-door car robbed a man in the parking lot of 923 Francisco Street. Then, the suspects went north to 8th and Figueroa streets, where they robbed a woman in a parking lot.
The car's license plate reads 5WTG502, but detectives discovered that the plate was junked and no longer assigned to a car.
Police say the duo struck again on April 28, in a side alley leading to the valet parking lot for the Orpheum Lofts located at 818 South Broadway. This robbery is the only one of the robberies captured on video.
Newly released video shows the two walking into the Village Market on Hoover Street near USC, just two hours after the April 28 robbery on Broadway. The male suspect used a victim's credit card to make a purchase.
The robbers struck again May 3, just after 7 p.m., when they robbed a 30-year-old man of his money and cellular phone in a residential area of Chinatown. This time, the victim described a black Honda as the suspects' vehicle.
Anyone with information is urged to call Detective Al Rasch, Central Robbery Unit, at (213) 972-1245.
chinatown, downtown, robbery, caught on tape, los angeles news
- Search widens for missing Malaysian jet 43 min ago
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen 19 min ago
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- IE suspect found after escaping from police
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video
- Photos: 'Bachelor' Juan Pablo kisses 5 contestants