Los Angeles News
Model murder suspect paid before killing
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A Thousand Oaks woman accused in the killing of an aspiring model from Arizona reportedly received over $300,000 from a colleague of the victim's father.
Kelly Soo Park, 44, was arrested June 18 in Camarillo in connection with the murder of 21-year-old Juliana Redding.
Park appeared at the Airport Courthouse Monday afternoon, but her arraignment was postponed until June 28.
According to reports, prosecutors in the case allege that Park was paid $250,000 three weeks before Redding was killed, and Park's family received another payment of $113,400 just days before Park's arrest.
Prosecutors also allege that the money was given to park from her employer, Dr. Munir Uwaydah, a Marina del Rey physician.
Park's roommate, 34-year-old Ronnie Case was also arrested in connection with Redding's death. However, pending further investigation, prosecutors declined to immediately charge him in the case.
Park faces 25 years to life in prison if convicted. She is being held in lieu of $1 million bail.
Santa Monica police asked anyone with information, or who has had any relationship with either suspect, to call Lt. Mike Beautz at (310) 458-8488.
CNS contributed to this report.
santa monica, murder, arrest, los angeles news
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year 2 min ago
- Man arrested in 'revenge porn' website case
- LA supervisors criticize Baca amid jail probe
- UC Riverside employee diagnosed w/ meningitis
- FBI arrest several alleged MS-13 gang members
- $50K reward announced in murder of 7-year-old
- Bell moving forward after Spaccia conviction
- Auto thefts up in CA after realignment -study
- Bipartisan negotiators reach modest budget deal
- Eastern snowstorm brings closures, delays
- abcnews: Alleged cow abuse at DiGiorno supplier
- US Navy sailor surprises family on ABC comedy
- Gabor Xmas party to go on amid spending fight
- OTRC: Kate Winslet, Ned RocknRoll welcome baby