Los Angeles News
Electric Daisy Carnival ends w/ 200+ injured
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- More than 200 people were injured and dozens arrested during a two-day electronic music festival and rave at the Coliseum and Exposition Park.
Officials said 185,000 people showed up for the 14th annual Electric Daisy Carnival on Friday and Saturday.
People were hurt when they rushed the barriers, trying to get in without a $75 admission ticket, police said. The extent of those injuries was not clear, but nearly half were hospitalized because of drug or alcohol problems.
Police said 63 people were arrested for possession and sale of narcotics, trespassing and drinking in public.
arrest, marijuana, los angeles news
- Secret Service probe Target security breach
- Fire erupts at strip mall in Hawthorne 48 min ago
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense rests its case 39 min ago
- LA Council speaks on immigration deportations 44 min ago
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- IE man who died in custody was high on PCP
- Man convicted at 16 resentenced under new law
- $5.8M settlement reached in Calif. race crash
- abcnews: DA pushes to jail 'affluenza' teen
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- Mexico resort shootout: 5 dead in Rocky Point
- Electroporation may treat melanoma patients
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- OTRC: Justin Bieber retiring? Manager responds
- Tips on how to avoid Xmas holiday hazards
37 min ago