Los Angeles News
Electric Daisy Carnival ends w/ 200+ injured
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- More than 200 people were injured and dozens arrested during a two-day electronic music festival and rave at the Coliseum and Exposition Park.
Officials said 185,000 people showed up for the 14th annual Electric Daisy Carnival on Friday and Saturday.
People were hurt when they rushed the barriers, trying to get in without a $75 admission ticket, police said. The extent of those injuries was not clear, but nearly half were hospitalized because of drug or alcohol problems.
Police said 63 people were arrested for possession and sale of narcotics, trespassing and drinking in public.
arrest, marijuana, los angeles news
- Malaysia: No debris at spot on China images
- 2 sought for stealing purses at Bell salons
- Indecent exposure suspect sought in Irvine
- NYC apartment explosion, collapse kills 4
- 2 dead after car plows into crowd near SXSW 1 min ago
- Bell trial: Rizzo's sentencing postponed
- Mom of wandering boys was supervised by CPS
- Body of man found at Montebello parking lot
- Colorado River Board of CA discusses drought
- FBI hunting Hawaii for top terror suspect
- abcnews: Target thigh gap photo flap sparks outrage
- Soldier pops out of box, surprises daughter
- Chris Pine arrested for DUI in New Zealand
- OTRC: 'The Big Bang Theory' renewed for 3 seasons