Los Angeles News
Electric Daisy Carnival ends w/ 200+ injured
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- More than 200 people were injured and dozens arrested during a two-day electronic music festival and rave at the Coliseum and Exposition Park.
Officials said 185,000 people showed up for the 14th annual Electric Daisy Carnival on Friday and Saturday.
People were hurt when they rushed the barriers, trying to get in without a $75 admission ticket, police said. The extent of those injuries was not clear, but nearly half were hospitalized because of drug or alcohol problems.
Police said 63 people were arrested for possession and sale of narcotics, trespassing and drinking in public.
arrest, marijuana, los angeles news
- DTLA police search: armed, dangerous suspect 15 min ago
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Nobel laureate, dies 27 min ago
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed
- Police: 2 South LA fires may be connected
- Child molestation charges for teacher dropped
- Suspicious package found at post office near USC
- Female pedestrian struck, killed in Riverside
- LAX Terminal 7 partially evacuated over threat
- abcnews: Victim's mom halts killer's execution 7 min ago
- Oscar Pistorius trial: Forensic expert faulted
- Toddler found playing inside toy claw machine
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- OTRC: Will Arnett files for divorce from Poehler