Los Angeles News
Electric Daisy Carnival ends w/ 200+ injured
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- More than 200 people were injured and dozens arrested during a two-day electronic music festival and rave at the Coliseum and Exposition Park.
Officials said 185,000 people showed up for the 14th annual Electric Daisy Carnival on Friday and Saturday.
People were hurt when they rushed the barriers, trying to get in without a $75 admission ticket, police said. The extent of those injuries was not clear, but nearly half were hospitalized because of drug or alcohol problems.
Police said 63 people were arrested for possession and sale of narcotics, trespassing and drinking in public.
arrest, marijuana, los angeles news
- James Gandolfini of 'Sopranos' dies at 51 45 min ago
- Hollywood panhandlers allegedly kill LA woman
- OC caregiver arrested for alleged sex assault
- Tip led to ex-USC professor's Mexico arrest
- Wrong-way driver charged with DUI in 14 pile-up
- West Hills murder suspect pleads not guilty
- Metro Red, Purple lines now requires TAP card
- Man stabbed during carjacking in Oxnard
- TWA Flight 800 documentary hints at cover-up
- Afghan leader suspends talks with Taliban, US
- abcnews: Marine returns from war as underwear model
- Piedmont beef's lower fat entices connoisseurs
- Michael Jackson chef describes confrontation 27 min ago
- OTRC: 'Anchorman 2' new trailer (Video)