Los Angeles News
Electric Daisy Carnival ends w/ 200+ injured
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- More than 200 people were injured and dozens arrested during a two-day electronic music festival and rave at the Coliseum and Exposition Park.
Officials said 185,000 people showed up for the 14th annual Electric Daisy Carnival on Friday and Saturday.
People were hurt when they rushed the barriers, trying to get in without a $75 admission ticket, police said. The extent of those injuries was not clear, but nearly half were hospitalized because of drug or alcohol problems.
Police said 63 people were arrested for possession and sale of narcotics, trespassing and drinking in public.
arrest, marijuana, los angeles news
- Man killed in South Los Angeles hit-and-run 21 min ago
- Flasher strikes UC Riverside, community college 37 min ago
- Trailer spills rocks on westbound 10 Freeway 17 min ago
- Victory for mom who sued TSA over breast milk
- Child welfare system 'in crisis': Commission
- OC school band chosen to march in Rose Parade
- Reward offered in Long Beach pelican attack
- SD police guns stolen during LA charity game
- Aereo case: Justices skeptical, concerned
- Object found in Australia likely not from jet
- abcnews: Navy officer reunited with wife, daughters 32 min ago
- South Korea ferry accident death toll now 135
- 4 Hollywood execs deny sexual abuse claims
- OTRC: Drew Barrymore gives birth to baby No. 2