Los Angeles News
Murdered woman in burned home identified
VALLEY VILLAGE, NORTH HOLLYWOOD (KABC) -- The body of a woman found in her burned-out Valley Village home was identified by police Sunday.
Police say someone tried to cover up the murder of 34-year-old Chere Osmanhodzic by setting her house on fire Saturday night.
The fire was reported around 11 p.m. on the 11500 block of West Riverside Drive.
Firefighters discovered the Osmanhodzic's body after putting out the flames.
"The responding Los Angeles Police Department units examined the scene and determined that the death was of a suspicious nature. They notified North Hollywood homicide detectives who responded to the scene and determined that the incident is going to be handled as a homicide," said LAPD Lt. Alan Hamilton.
Police said the Osmanhodzic's boyfriend had returned from a store, confronted the suspect inside the house and chased him several blocks.
By the time he returned, the house was on fire.
Family and friends stopped by Osmanhodzic's Sunday to salvage what they could. They're still in shock that just days ago she was out with friends and looked forward to her wedding in September.
"I don't know why someone would do this to her," said one of Osmanhodzic's friends. "This is just devastating for us right now."
The suspect is described as a Latino man in his 20s with a stocky build.
He is about 5 feet 8 inches tall and was wearing black shorts, a blue shirt and a backwards baseball cap. Authorities released a composite sketch of the suspect Sunday afternoon.
Anyone with information is asked to call police at 1 (877) LAPD-24-7 or 1 (877) 527-3247.
murder, fire, valley village, arson, homicide investigation, los angeles news
- Deputies gun down armed man during fight
- Loot-seeking vandals trash Palmdale church 16 min ago
- Calif. law takes effect on microstamping guns
- Machete-wielding man shot by Inglewood police
- 1 arrested, 2 outstanding after VC pursuit
- IE woman punches officer, tries to take Taser
- Deputies rescue stranded Swedish family
- Body found near area where hiker went missing
- Deaf Yorkie held for ransom is back home
- Tornadoes sweep across Kansas and Oklahoma
- abcnews: 1st lady jokes about president's failures
- Beckham in tears as he bids farewell to Paris
- 'Star Trek' tops box office with $70.6M debut
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 nominees list
- Latest weather with Danny Romero
12 min ago