Los Angeles News
Angry Bell residents demand more resignations
BELL, Calif. (KABC) -- The Bell salary scandal is showing no sign of slowing down anytime soon, as seven additional city administrators were found to have six-figure salaries in newly released salary documents.
For example, the Director of Administrative Services makes $422, 707, the Director of General Services makes $421, 402, the Director of Community Services makes $273, 542, the Deputy Engineer makes $247, 573 and the Business Development Coordinator makes $195, 627.
This new salary information was fuel for the fire of distress brewing among Bell residents at a news conference on Friday. Interim City Manager Pedro Carrillo was interrupted several times as he tried to explain his efforts to reform City Hall.
"Our main purpose is to make certain that good, bad or ugly, we report to the public what the city has done and hasn't done and that we institute best practices," said Carrillo.
Former City Manager Robert Rizzo who earned $800,000 and Bell Police Chief Randy Adams who earned $450,000 resigned in July amidst public outrage over their salaries.
In the wake of the Bell scandal, the Los Angeles City Controller is ordering the salaries of virtually all Los Angeles city employees posted online starting now.
For example, the airport's general manager makes $326,855 per year while the L.A. Convention Center's general manager pulls in $184,098.
At the other end of the spectrum, the lowest paid police officer makes $45,226.
firing, los angeles news
- OC caregiver arrested for alleged elder abuse 44 min ago
- TWA Flight 800 documentary hints at cover-up
- West Hills murder suspect to appear in court
- Metro Red, Purple lines now requires TAP card
- Hollywood panhandlers allegedly killed woman 39 min ago
- 3.1-magnitude earthquake jolts Inland Empire
- Woman sought in Santa Ana Chase Bank robbery
- Man stabbed during carjacking in Oxnard 29 min ago
- Search for Jimmy Hoffa yields nothing, again 39 min ago
- Fed says it will maintain bond purchase pace
- abcnews: Marine returns from war as underwear model
- Paris, Prince Jackson refute chef's testimony
- James Franco seeks $500K to bankroll movies
- OTRC: 'Anchorman 2' new trailer (Video)