Los Angeles News
3 arrested at HARD Summer rave in Chinatown
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Security was tight at an outdoor music festival that took place near Chinatown on Saturday.
The HARD Summer music festival at the Los Angeles State Historic Park kicked off at around noon and ended at midnight.
Organizers banned backpacks and all concert goers were searched for drugs and alcohol.
One man was arrested for trespassing and two women were arrested for grand theft.
The event came less than two months after a 15-year-old girl died from a suspected drug overdose at an outdoor rave at the Los Angeles Coliseum.
The city of Los Angeles has instituted safety requirements since the June rave. It set up a rave task force to take a closer look at large-scale dance music events.
chinatown, arrest, los angeles news
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- Rain, winds moving across Southern California
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected
- Students allegedly hack system, change grades
- 2 taken to hospital after school bus crash
- Body found in Corona; investigation underway
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense rests its case
- Fire erupts at strip mall in Hawthorne
- Mega Millions: Georgia winner comes forward
- abcnews: Renewed Gacy probe reunites family
- India wants NYC arrested diplomat case dropped
- Mexico resort shootout: 5 dead in Rocky Point
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston: I have Lupus Myelitis 37 min ago
- Pets of the Week: Chihuahua mixes Nina, Chloe
52 min ago