Los Angeles News
3 arrested at HARD Summer rave in Chinatown
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Security was tight at an outdoor music festival that took place near Chinatown on Saturday.
The HARD Summer music festival at the Los Angeles State Historic Park kicked off at around noon and ended at midnight.
Organizers banned backpacks and all concert goers were searched for drugs and alcohol.
One man was arrested for trespassing and two women were arrested for grand theft.
The event came less than two months after a 15-year-old girl died from a suspected drug overdose at an outdoor rave at the Los Angeles Coliseum.
The city of Los Angeles has instituted safety requirements since the June rave. It set up a rave task force to take a closer look at large-scale dance music events.
chinatown, arrest, los angeles news
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd 31 min ago
- 2 LAPD officers injured in West L.A. crash 37 min ago
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured 15 min ago
- Malaysia missing jet: Door possibly found
- 2 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge 8 min ago
- Yucaipa woman arrested in husband's murder
- Dana Point shooting suspect sought by deputies 52 min ago
- Injured LAPD officer released from hospital
- San Dimas boat crash leaves 1 dead, 1 injured 56 min ago
- William Clay Ford, Lions owner, dies
- abcnews: Ex-FBI agent in captivity for 7 years
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut 20 min ago
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks