Los Angeles News
Vernon official let go pending salary probe
VERNON, Calif. (KABC) -- A Vernon city administrator was relieved of his duties, pending an investigation into his finances.According to the Los Angeles Times, in addition to his $380,000 salary, Donal O'Callaghan received more than $243,000 dollars in consulting payments from the city through the first half of this year.
The money was allegedly for extra hours the city administrator worked each month.
According to documents obtained by the Times, the money was paid through a consulting company headed by O'Callaghan's wife.
budget, los angeles news
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours 5 min ago
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured 37 min ago
- Malaysia missing jet: Door possibly found
- 2 LAPD officers injured in West L.A. crash
- 2 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge 46 min ago
- Yucaipa woman arrested in husband's murder
- Dana Point shooting suspect sought by deputies
- Injured LAPD officer released from hospital
- Car bomb attack kills at least 42 in Iraq 9 min ago
- abcnews: Ex-FBI agent in captivity for 7 years
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut 58 min ago
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks