Los Angeles News
Festival of Books to move to USC next year
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- It's a new take on their longtime crosstown rivalry. The nation's biggest book festival is leaving UCLA and heading to rival USC.
Beginning next year, the book festival will make its new home at USC's University Park.
Organizers are hoping to boost attendance because of USC's central location, proximity to public transportation, number of parking spaces and campus facilities.
Last year more than 140,000 people attended the festival, which is free to the public.
Next year's event will be held from April 30 to May 1.
City News Service contributed to this report.
usc, ucla, los angeles news
- Injured LAPD officer released from hospital 56 min ago
- LA Marathon: Ethiopian runners sweep race 36 min ago
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Malaysia missing jet: Door possibly found
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- San Dimas boat crash leaves 1 dead, 1 injured 7 min ago
- Los Angeles Marathon 2014 street closures
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- abcnews: Ex-FBI agent in captivity for 7 years
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- William Clay Ford, Lions owner, dies
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks