Los Angeles News
Festival of Books to move to USC next year
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- It's a new take on their longtime crosstown rivalry. The nation's biggest book festival is leaving UCLA and heading to rival USC.
Beginning next year, the book festival will make its new home at USC's University Park.
Organizers are hoping to boost attendance because of USC's central location, proximity to public transportation, number of parking spaces and campus facilities.
Last year more than 140,000 people attended the festival, which is free to the public.
Next year's event will be held from April 30 to May 1.
City News Service contributed to this report.
usc, ucla, los angeles news
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts
- Driver shot, injured on 14 Fwy in Palmdale
- Reseda shooting: 1 dead, 1 injured, 1 arrested
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Pope's message to end hunger hits home in IE
- Slain chase suspect's family files $20M claim
- Big Sur wildfire is now fully contained 17 min ago
- BART, labor union leaders reach new deal
- Judge orders hospital to keep girl on support
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- US military aircraft hit in S. Sudan, 4 hurt
- Beyonce surprises fans at Mass. Wal-Mart 46 min ago
- OTRC: 13 Best TV Shows of 2013 (with spoilers)