Los Angeles News
Police foil Studio City kidnapping attempt
STUDIO CITY, Calif. (KABC) -- A kidnapping attempt was foiled when police tracked down the suspects from Studio City to Glendale on Friday.
Witnesses said they saw a man and a female accomplice force a woman into a car near the intersection of Moorpark Street and Tujunga Avenue in Studio City around 4 p.m. on Friday.
The victim was able to call 911, and police caught up with the car in Glendale, at the intersection of West Colorado Street and Pacific Avenue.
Both suspects were taken into custody. Officials said the kidnapping attempt lasted for approximately 90 minutes.
The victim was apparently hit several times but did not suffer any serious injuries, said police.
Police said the incident appears to be drug-related.
City News Service contributed to this report.
lapd, studio city, kidnap, los angeles news
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Malaysia missing jet: 'Every angle' probed
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Pistorius vomits during graphic testimony
- abcnews: Dog helps Army vet overcome PTSD
- Effexor recalled due to possible contamination
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- OTRC: Stacy Keibler weds boyfriend Jared Pobre