Los Angeles News
Hollywood Bowl ticket prices to go up
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- It will soon cost you a little more to see your favorite artists perform at the Hollywood Bowl.
The Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors Tuesday approved a $1 to $3 increase in the cost of most Hollywood Bowl tickets for the 2011 season.
The higher ticket prices, requested by the Los Angeles Philharmonic Association, are expected to generate an additional $27,000 annually. The money will go to the association, which leases the Bowl, and will be added to a fund for capital improvements, equipment and supplies for the amphitheater.
Officials said the higher ticket prices will help accommodate increased production, labor, marketing and artists' costs.
hollywood bowl, los angeles news
- Glendora yard dug up in 35-year-old cold case
- OC sheriff's reserve sergeant found beaten
- Woman tries to reason with London attackers 10 min ago
- Model murder trial: Case in hands of jury
- Bill proposed to reduce night airport noise
- Los Angeles mayoral race: Eric Garcetti wins
- Injured volunteer wants thousands from hiker
- Okla. tornado tore through 13,000 buildings
- abcnews: US IDs 4 Americans killed by drones
- Arias jury stuck but must keep deliberating
- Curious about caviar? Class available in WeHo
- Emails show AEG exec called Jackson a 'freak' 56 min ago
- OTRC: Critics' Choice Television Awards nominees
- Tornado relief drives: More than $211K raised