Los Angeles News
Hollywood Bowl ticket prices to go up
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- It will soon cost you a little more to see your favorite artists perform at the Hollywood Bowl.
The Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors Tuesday approved a $1 to $3 increase in the cost of most Hollywood Bowl tickets for the 2011 season.
The higher ticket prices, requested by the Los Angeles Philharmonic Association, are expected to generate an additional $27,000 annually. The money will go to the association, which leases the Bowl, and will be added to a fund for capital improvements, equipment and supplies for the amphitheater.
Officials said the higher ticket prices will help accommodate increased production, labor, marketing and artists' costs.
hollywood bowl, los angeles news
- Fallbrook bus crash: 1 dead, several injured
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- Baca says special hiring program dismantled
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court
- abcnews: Missing medical resident's car found
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected
- Report finds bacteria on 97 percent of chicken
- Local woman receives seizure-treating implant
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis