Los Angeles News
Hollywood Bowl ticket prices to go up
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- It will soon cost you a little more to see your favorite artists perform at the Hollywood Bowl.
The Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors Tuesday approved a $1 to $3 increase in the cost of most Hollywood Bowl tickets for the 2011 season.
The higher ticket prices, requested by the Los Angeles Philharmonic Association, are expected to generate an additional $27,000 annually. The money will go to the association, which leases the Bowl, and will be added to a fund for capital improvements, equipment and supplies for the amphitheater.
Officials said the higher ticket prices will help accommodate increased production, labor, marketing and artists' costs.
hollywood bowl, los angeles news
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures peds 9 min ago
- Rizzo gets 12 years in prison for corruption
- Jury deadlocks in OC distracted driving case
- 290 missing, 6 dead in S. Korea ferry disaster
- 3 'pimps' busted for Compton prostitution ring
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries
- Lake Elsinore man arrested for assault
- Possible 5th victim sought in serial murders
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar
- abcnews: Missing girls case solved 40 years later 42 min ago
- Pro-Russian insurgents seize armored vehicles
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- OTRC: AC/DC: Malcolm Young taking break