Los Angeles News
Oil spills onto street in Harbor Gateway area
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Crews have contained an oil spill on the streets of the Harbor Gateway area of Los Angeles.
The spill was reported just before 9 p.m. Wednesday on the 14500 block of South Figueroa Street.
About a thousand gallons of crude oil either spilled or leaked onto the street near the Breitburn Operating company.
Firefighters said they stopped the oil from entering a storm drain, and it only took 15 minutes to control the spill.
The cause of the leak remained under investigation.
oil spill, los angeles news
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen 6 min ago
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed 29 min ago
- IE suspect found after escaping from police 53 min ago
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home 54 min ago
- Malaysia missing jet: Stolen passports probed
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video 23 min ago
- Photos: 'Bachelor' Juan Pablo kisses 5 contestants