Los Angeles News
LADWP may be audited over purchasing cards
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Los Angeles City Controller Wendy Greuel plans to audit the Department of Water and Power over the use of purchasing cards.
Two of its employees were charged with using their cards to divert $3 million into their own pockets.
Greuel said the purchasing card programs are used by agencies to promote an efficient, cost-effective way of purchasing small dollar items.
She said procedures needed to be put in place in order to guard against this kind of misuse and fraud.
department of water and power, fraud, los angeles news
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured 18 min ago
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Malaysia missing jet may have turned back
- 2 persons of interest sought in LB attack
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- abcnews: Ex-FBI agent in captivity for 7 years
- Obama to preserve California federal lands
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
8 min ago