Los Angeles News
LADWP may be audited over purchasing cards
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Los Angeles City Controller Wendy Greuel plans to audit the Department of Water and Power over the use of purchasing cards.
Two of its employees were charged with using their cards to divert $3 million into their own pockets.
Greuel said the purchasing card programs are used by agencies to promote an efficient, cost-effective way of purchasing small dollar items.
She said procedures needed to be put in place in order to guard against this kind of misuse and fraud.
department of water and power, fraud, los angeles news
- Mulholland Bridge over I-405 finally opens
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- Venice beating caught on cam; suspects sought
- Baca acknowledges deputy hiring issues
- Motorcycle officer injured in Mid-City crash 48 min ago
- Woman shot to death in Long Beach; no arrests
- Proposed power plant splits Palmdale, Lancaster
- LAX suspect indicted on 1st-degree murder
- Man kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- abcnews: Pope delivers Christmas message to serve poor
- MoneyGram scam victims receive refund checks
- Colorado school shooter wrote plan on arm
- Video: 'American Hustle' takes you back to the '70s 48 min ago
- Photos: Brad Pitt over the years, 1991 to present
- Two smart watch models put to the test
28 min ago