Los Angeles News
Woman shot to death in South Gate carjacking
SOUTH GATE, Calif. (KABC) -- A woman in her early 40s died after she was shot several times during a carjacking in South Gate early Friday morning.
Shattered glass marked the spot where the carjacking happened.
Authorities said the victim was driving a black 2005 Infiniti QX56 SUV on the 8900 block of San Juan Avenue just after 2 a.m. when she was stopped by a man and woman.
According to Lt. Darren Arakawa of the South Gate Police Department, the victim was shot several times in the upper torso, and then pulled from the vehicle. She was taken to a local hospital, where she later died. Her name has not been released pending notification of next of kin.
The suspects fled in the victim's car, license number 6MHC829. No one has been arrested.
The victim was taken to St. Francis Medical Center, where she underwent surgery. She later died.
Residents said they heard the commotion.
"I just heard a big bang and a truck just taking off," said Andres Del La Riva of South Gate. "When I went outside, I just see a body on the floor."
Anyone with information related to the incident is urged to call the South Gate Police Department at (323) 563-5400.
shooting, south gate, los angeles news
- Malaysian PM: Jet's disappearance deliberate
- Body found at Anaheim trash recycling center
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Brush fire burns near Gorman by Quail Lake
- OC 'flasher' suspect captured in San Diego
- Pinkberry co-founder sentenced in 2011 beating
- Fatal 210 shooting likely sparked by road rage
- Man who hoarded snakes in OC home charged
- Pistorius photographed in bloodied prosthetics
- abcnews: Baby girl with 2 heads born in India
- Crimea vote won't be recognized by US - Kerry
- Baby gorilla born through rare C-section
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)