Los Angeles News
Woman shot to death in South Gate carjacking
SOUTH GATE, Calif. (KABC) -- A woman in her early 40s died after she was shot several times during a carjacking in South Gate early Friday morning.
Shattered glass marked the spot where the carjacking happened.
Authorities said the victim was driving a black 2005 Infiniti QX56 SUV on the 8900 block of San Juan Avenue just after 2 a.m. when she was stopped by a man and woman.
According to Lt. Darren Arakawa of the South Gate Police Department, the victim was shot several times in the upper torso, and then pulled from the vehicle. She was taken to a local hospital, where she later died. Her name has not been released pending notification of next of kin.
The suspects fled in the victim's car, license number 6MHC829. No one has been arrested.
The victim was taken to St. Francis Medical Center, where she underwent surgery. She later died.
Residents said they heard the commotion.
"I just heard a big bang and a truck just taking off," said Andres Del La Riva of South Gate. "When I went outside, I just see a body on the floor."
Anyone with information related to the incident is urged to call the South Gate Police Department at (323) 563-5400.
shooting, south gate, los angeles news
- Reseda shooting: 1 dead, 1 injured, 1 arrested
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Target probe focuses on processing centers
- Woman gives $500 to friend who's a single mom
- Pope's message to end hunger hits home in IE
- Slain chase suspect's family files $20M claim
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Judge orders hospital to keep girl on support
- Helicopter gunships used in MX resort battle
- abcnews: One of Van Gogh's last paintings unveiled
- San Jose company recalls sausage products
- Jewelry shopping tips: How to avoid rip-offs
- Ned Vizzini, popular author, dies at age 32
- OTRC: Beyonce kisses Madonna's daughter (Photo)