Los Angeles News
Murder charge filed in Metro tracks death
DOWNTOWN LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The woman accused of pushing an elderly woman to her death off the Metro Gold Line platform Sunday has been charged with murder.
Jackkqueline Pogue, 44, pleaded not guilty Tuesday in Superior Court.
Police said she shoved 86-year-old Mary Sugiyama off the platform for no apparent reason.
At the courthouse Tuesday, Pogue's aunt, Emmer Pogue, said she couldn't believe it.
"I'm looking at the news last night and I saw where they said Jackkqueline Pogue and I said, 'That's my niece. She did that to an old lady?" Pogue said. "My niece is not crazy and out of her mind to do something like that."
Pogue's said she believes her niece was under the influence of prescription psychiatric medication.
She's being held on $1 million bail.
little tokyo, murder, los angeles news
- Body found at Anaheim trash recycling center 45 min ago
- Brush fire burning near Gorman by Quail Lake 9 min ago
- Pinkberry co-founder sentenced in 2011 beating
- Malaysia plane disappearance deliberate?
- Perris pastor arrested for rape of minor 29 min ago
- Fatal 210 shooting likely sparked by road rage
- Azusa cheerleader dies from rare lung cancer
- Tweet lands 20-yr-old Los Angeles man in jail
- CA couple allegedly left child in car to gamble
- Pistorius photographed in bloodied prosthetics
- abcnews: Baby girl with 2 heads born in India
- Crimea vote won't be recognized by US - Kerry
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)