Los Angeles News
2 show dogs found in Compton, 2 still missing
LONG BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- Show dog owners David Peek and Kristina Rickard are thrilled as can be to get two of their four dogs back after they were taken from a Bellflower motel.
The dogs were taken sometime late Monday night or early Tuesday morning when the show dogs' owners van was stolen from the parking lot of a Motel 6.
The dog owners had left the dogs in the van when they checked into the motel Monday night while in town for a dog show.
Peek and Rickard say the van and the dogs were gone when they left their room the following morning.
On Wednesday, the van and the two Akitas, Trace and Didi, were found in Compton, nearly 10 miles from where they were stolen. However, the two prized Pembroke Corgis are still gone.
The Akitas appear to be in good health. The van was found partially stripped.
"The only information that the cops will give us is that they were found in Compton," Peek said. "They didn't say if the van and the dogs were found together. We have hope for the Corgis."
The owners said they have an idea of where they may be.
"It's been a day and here we are with two dogs and a van," Peek said. "We still have corgis out there and would like to get them back too as soon as we can. There is a reward out. We don't know how much at this time. Once again, these dogs are our family. "
The show dogs are worth an estimated $500,000.
Anyone with information on where the dogs could be is asked to call Bellflower sheriff investigators at (562) 925-0124.
dog tale, animal news, los angeles news, leo stallworth
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed 9 min ago
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures 15
- Bell corruption: Rizzo gets 12 years in prison
- Arsonist sought in San Pedro Elks Lodge fire
- Google Glass robbers target Venice resident
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries
- 'Luger Bandit' bank robbery suspect caught
- Distracted-driving trial: OC jury deadlocks
- Solvang ordnance scare prompts evacuations
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar
- abcnews: Missing girls case solved 40 years later
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- 'X-Men' director accused of sexual assault
- OTRC: AC/DC: Malcolm Young taking break