Los Angeles News
Stolen dogs win big at dog show
LONG BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- Four show dogs that were returned to their owners after being stolen inside a van have now won several titles at a dog show.
The four dogs, two Akitas and two Corgis, were stolen Tuesday morning and returned just in time to compete in the dog show at the Long Beach Convention Center. The two Akitas were found Wednesday and the Corgis a short time after.
Three of the four dogs won titles at Thursday's show: Trace, the male Akita, won "Select Dog," Sunny, the female Corgi, won best in class, as did Peter, the male Corgi.
The dogs, worth about $500,000, were inside a van that was stolen from outside a Bellflower motel Tuesday morning. The suspect is still at large.
animal news, dog tale, los angeles news
- Malaysia Airlines flight goes missing 14 min ago
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash 2 min ago
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Oxnard residents burglarize home
- Palms apartment fire: Woman found dead
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- abcnews: Meat contaminated w/ LSD sickens family
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Former NFL player Sharper to stay in jail
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- OTRC: Ke$ha leaves rehab after 2 months