Los Angeles News
Chasen probe: Man shot self w/ different gun
BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. (KABC) -- The convicted felon who bragged about killing Hollywood publicist Ronni Chasen killed himself using a different gun, according to preliminary ballistic tests conducted by Beverly Hills police.
Harold Smith, 43, described as a person of interest, killed himself Wednesday when he saw officers coming for him.
Eyewitness News has also learned that police are in possession of a second surveillance tape taken the night Chasen died.
She crashed her Mercedes-Benz in Beverly Hills in November after being shot five times in the chest.
The crash was captured by a surveillance camera at a nearby house.
The homeowner said the video shows a black Lincoln Town Car drive by Chasen's car just seconds after Chasen crashed.
He said it does not show the car's license plates.
homicide investigation, murder, shooting, burglary, west los angeles, lapd, los angeles news
- Video released in attack of transgender woman
- Prostitution bust at OC hotel - exclusive
- MTA bus drivers claim illness from pesticide
- LA plastic-bag ban tentatively approved 1 min ago
- Torrance man sues over Dorner police shooting
- Cash in paper bag stolen in Altadena robbery
- Zuma Beach bus line launched from Thousand Oaks
- Michael Hastings, BuzzFeed reporter, dies 58 min ago
- 1,500 evacuated in wildfire near Yosemite
- NSA foiled 50+ terrorist plots - director 47 min ago
- abcnews: NFL star's home searched after killing
- Heat beat Spurs 103-100, force Game 7 50 min ago
- Michael Jackson's personal chef testifies
- OTRC: Lil Wayne talks on American flag controversy
- 13-year-old leads wild police chase in Iowa
13 min ago
- Nathan Fillion spending summer on big screen
20 min ago