Los Angeles News
2 officers injured, 2 stabbed in huge brawl
PASADENA, Calif. (KABC) -- Police said up to 40 people were involved in a brawl Saturday outside of the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, leaving two people with stab wounds and two officers with injuries.
Pasadena police received a call about 4:20 p.m. about a fight in Parking Lot 1 where USC and UCLA fans were tailgating before the game began.
During an investigation, they found two men with stab wounds, who were said to be in fair condition after being treated at a local hospital.
"Somebody pulled out a knife," said Devon Jones, a witness. "We didn't come for that. We just wanted to have a good time."
Two officers suffered sprains while breaking up the fight and disarming a suspect. They were also taken to the hospital.
"The fans who were tailgaiting in Parking Lot 1 got a little overzealous, with the fan base for their team," said Pasadena police Cmdr. Darryl Qualls. "We also believe alcohol was involved that led to the stabbing."
Jones said one of his friends was a man who got stabbed in the back while trying to break up a fight.
Three men were taken into custody - two for assaulting a police officer and one for attempted murder, police said.
fight, rose bowl, stabbing, arrest, los angeles news, leanne suter
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Torrance donut shop robbery: Suspect sought
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Anaheim 54 min ago
- 405 accidents snarl Sepulveda Pass commute 11 min ago
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Baca says special hiring program dismantled
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- abcnews: Service dog helps girl in surgery
- Harry Reid in the hospital for observation
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Phil Robertson fam talk 'Duck Dynasty' future 56 min ago
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
15 min ago