Los Angeles News
2 officers injured, 2 stabbed in huge brawl
PASADENA, Calif. (KABC) -- Police said up to 40 people were involved in a brawl Saturday outside of the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, leaving two people with stab wounds and two officers with injuries.
Pasadena police received a call about 4:20 p.m. about a fight in Parking Lot 1 where USC and UCLA fans were tailgating before the game began.
During an investigation, they found two men with stab wounds, who were said to be in fair condition after being treated at a local hospital.
"Somebody pulled out a knife," said Devon Jones, a witness. "We didn't come for that. We just wanted to have a good time."
Two officers suffered sprains while breaking up the fight and disarming a suspect. They were also taken to the hospital.
"The fans who were tailgaiting in Parking Lot 1 got a little overzealous, with the fan base for their team," said Pasadena police Cmdr. Darryl Qualls. "We also believe alcohol was involved that led to the stabbing."
Jones said one of his friends was a man who got stabbed in the back while trying to break up a fight.
Three men were taken into custody - two for assaulting a police officer and one for attempted murder, police said.
fight, rose bowl, stabbing, arrest, los angeles news, leanne suter
- Victory for mom who sued TSA over breast milk
- Child welfare system 'in crisis': Commission
- 4 Hollywood execs deny sexual abuse claims
- Funeral held for LAPD Officer Chris Cortijo
- OC school band chosen to march in Rose Parade
- Reward offered in Long Beach pelican attack
- 'Mother Ditch' uncovered near downtown LA
- SD police guns stolen during LA charity game
- abcnews: Man accused of killing teens who entered home
- South Korea ferry accident death toll now 135
- Aereo case: Justices skeptical, concerned
- Epilepsy treatment uses laser to stop seizures
- Zadan, Meron to produce Oscars for 3rd year
- OTRC: Drew Barrymore gives birth to baby No. 2