Los Angeles News
2 officers injured, 2 stabbed in huge brawl
PASADENA, Calif. (KABC) -- Police said up to 40 people were involved in a brawl Saturday outside of the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, leaving two people with stab wounds and two officers with injuries.
Pasadena police received a call about 4:20 p.m. about a fight in Parking Lot 1 where USC and UCLA fans were tailgating before the game began.
During an investigation, they found two men with stab wounds, who were said to be in fair condition after being treated at a local hospital.
"Somebody pulled out a knife," said Devon Jones, a witness. "We didn't come for that. We just wanted to have a good time."
Two officers suffered sprains while breaking up the fight and disarming a suspect. They were also taken to the hospital.
"The fans who were tailgaiting in Parking Lot 1 got a little overzealous, with the fan base for their team," said Pasadena police Cmdr. Darryl Qualls. "We also believe alcohol was involved that led to the stabbing."
Jones said one of his friends was a man who got stabbed in the back while trying to break up a fight.
Three men were taken into custody - two for assaulting a police officer and one for attempted murder, police said.
fight, rose bowl, stabbing, arrest, los angeles news, leanne suter
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures 15
- 'X-Men' director accused of sexual assault
- Arsonist sought in San Pedro Elks Lodge fire
- Child molestation charges for teacher dropped 21 min ago
- Suspicious package found at post office near USC 53 min ago
- Female pedestrian struck, killed in Riverside 4 min ago
- Police: 2 South LA fires may be connected
- LAX Terminal 7 partially evacuated over threat
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W 42 min ago
- abcnews: Conjoined twins see sunlight for 1st time
- Oscar Pistorius trial: Forensic expert faulted
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- OTRC: Will Arnett files for divorce from Poehler