Los Angeles News
Valley pot-growing operation destroyed by fire
SUN VALLEY, Calif. (KABC) -- A marijuana-growing operation in the San Fernando Valley was destroyed by fire Saturday night.
The pot plants were growing inside a warehouse in Sun Valley.
Firefighters responded to a fire at an industrial building in Sun Valley on Clybourn Ave.
The fire began shortly before midnight Saturday.
It appeared to be a medical-marijuana grow operation.
A neighbor said the space is owned by a local marijuana dispensary.
The LAPD removed about 100 pounds of pot from the warehouse.
Arson investigators were trying to determine how the fire started.
LAPD detectives were also determining if the owners had the proper licensing to be growing the marijuana.
fire, medical marijuana, marijuana growing, marijuana, los angeles news, leanne suter
- Vandals break in, trash church in Palmdale
- Calif. law takes effect on microstamping guns
- Machete-wielding man shot by Inglewood police
- Body found near area where hiker went missing
- Deputies shoot, kill armed man during fight
- 1 arrested, 2 outstanding after VC pursuit
- IE woman punches officer, tries to take Taser
- LA sheriffs rescue stranded family of seven
- Tornadoes sweep across Kansas and Oklahoma 8 min ago
- abcnews: 1st lady jokes about president's failures
- Beckham in tears as he bids farewell to Paris 17 min ago
- Swift to perform at Billboard Music Awards 6 min ago
- 'Star Trek' tops box office with $70.6M debut
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 nominees list