Los Angeles News
Valley pot-growing operation destroyed by fire
SUN VALLEY, Calif. (KABC) -- A marijuana-growing operation in the San Fernando Valley was destroyed by fire Saturday night.
The pot plants were growing inside a warehouse in Sun Valley.
Firefighters responded to a fire at an industrial building in Sun Valley on Clybourn Ave.
The fire began shortly before midnight Saturday.
It appeared to be a medical-marijuana grow operation.
A neighbor said the space is owned by a local marijuana dispensary.
The LAPD removed about 100 pounds of pot from the warehouse.
Arson investigators were trying to determine how the fire started.
LAPD detectives were also determining if the owners had the proper licensing to be growing the marijuana.
fire, medical marijuana, marijuana growing, marijuana, los angeles news, leanne suter
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash 35 min ago
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot 10 min ago
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Smoke detectors crucial to avoid fire deaths
- 2 targeted in attempted kidnap, sexual battery
- 2 dead in apparent Long Beach murder-suicide
- Water main break floods Santa Ana neighborhood
- Malaysian Airlines flight goes missing 3 min ago
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store 4 min ago
- abcnews: Meat contaminated w/ LSD sickens family 1 min ago
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Ted Turner hospitalized in Argentine capital
- Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy'
- OTRC: Ke$ha leaves rehab after 2 months