Los Angeles News
Malibu Lagoon restoration plan draws lawsuit
MALIBU, Calif. (KABC) -- Environmentalists are clashing over the proposed restoration of Malibu Lagoon.
The California Coastal Commission approved a multi-million dollar plan this year that aims to restore circulation to the lagoon's waters.
Some environmental groups fear the effort will actually cause more damage to the area that's long been a favorite spot for herons, egrets and other birds.
The group has filed a lawsuit seeking to block the restoration.
environment, los angeles news
- Missing plane sent satellite signals for hours 32 min ago
- LAPD Officer Lee honored at funeral service 5 min ago
- 2 dead after car plows through SXSW crowd
- NYC explosion kills 8; rescuers resume search 46 min ago
- Inmate escapes jail hours after sentencing
- Flasher sought for exposing self at Brea Mall
- Norwood pleads not guilty to weapons charge 37 min ago
- OC high-speed chase ends in police shooting
- Ex-Manson follower granted parole for 3rd time
- Man in Fla. theater shooting also was texting
- abcnews: Dog's powerful healing effects on wounded... 17 min ago
- Amazon hikes Prime membership to $99 per year
- Elderly couple's dog saved by rescue group
- OTRC: Tina Fey talks 'Mean Girls' reunion rumors 50 min ago
- Cool Kid fixes up batting cages for community
22 min ago