Los Angeles News
3 more arrested for pre-game USC-UCLA brawl
PASADENA, Calif. (KABC) -- More arrests have been made in connection with a brawl at the Rose Bowl before the USC-UCLA game Saturday. The melee ended with two fans stabbed and two officers injured. The new suspects in custody are members of the same family.
Two brothers and one sister were arrested Monday night. They spent the night in jail and remained in custody. Their father, who was arrested Saturday after the fight and was in jail this whole time, was released earlier Tuesday.
Pasadena City Police continue to investigate the huge fight that broke out before Saturday's USC-UCLA football game at the Rose Bowl. Last night 25-year old Arthur Cisneros, his 22-year old brother Anthony, and 24-year-old sister Akira were arrested.
"Because of witness statements and the video that captured the assault and then was shared on YouTube, the deputies were able to identify three additional suspects," said Pasadena Police Lt. Tracey Ibarra. "That would be the adult children of Mr. Cisneros."
The trio's father, Arturo Cisneros, was released from the Pasadena City Jail Tuesday morning. Ibarra says he is still under investigation for his alleged part in the fight.
"He was released because the time was up as far as our ability to be able to have him in court within the three-day period," said Ibarra. "So he was released pending further, but we're still investigating the family and other suspects involved in this as a whole."
The Cisneros children remain in custody. Their bail has been set at $1 million each.
The other two that were arrested in connection to Saturday's fight were accused of assaulting Pasadena City Police officers. One of them was accused of brandishing a knife. They have since been released on their own recognizance.
The Cisneroses will be arraigned Thursday.
Close to 40 people were involved in the brawl before Saturday's cross-town rival game. Police say alcohol was definitely a factor in the fight. Reportedly the fight began when someone threw a football and it accidentally hit a Mercedes-Benz.
During the fight, 24-year-old Vimal Patel was stabbed in the back, and 27-year-old Joshua Dirling was stabbed in the face. Both are expected to recover.
Two officers suffered minor injuries.
fight, rose bowl, stabbing, arrest, caught on tape, ucla bruins, usc trojans, los angeles news, sid garcia
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions
- Body of woman found on 5 Freeway in Santa Ana
- Car rally held in honor of actor Paul Walker
- Nelson Mandela remembered at South LA church
- Cyclist killed in crash w/ sheriff patrol car
- Small plane lands on 241 toll road in OC
- Man found dead inside Palmdale apartment
- IE shooting leaves 18-year-old man dead
- abcnews: Couple accused of Craigslist murder
- Storm along East Coast dumps snow, snarls traffic
- Ukraine sees largest anti-govt protest since 2004
- Kobe returns, but Raptors beat Lakers 106-94
- 'Frozen' tops box office in its 2nd week
- OTRC: Susan Boyle's Asperger's Syndrome diagnosis