Los Angeles News
Daughter's scream scares would-be robbers
PICO RIVERA, Calif. (KABC) -- Three men attempted to rob a man and his daughter in Pico Rivera on Tuesday night, but they were scared off when the daughter began screaming.
Authorities said the victims were returning home on the 8300 block of Arrington Avenue when they were confronted by men armed with handguns who demanded to be let into their house at about 8:30 p.m.
Investigators say one of the men pistol-whipped the father as he stalled to open the front door. The teenage daughter then started screaming, and that's when the would-be robbers fled in a gray Honda CRV.
The man who was struck in the head with the pistol was hospitalized.
Anyone with information is urged to call the L.A. County Sheriff's Pico Rivera Station at (562) 949-2421.
City News Service contributed to this story.
pico rivera, robbery, los angeles news
- Water main break floods Santa Ana neighborhood 55 min ago
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train
- Bitcoin mystery: CA man denies being creator
- IE cross memorial removed after complaints
- 2 dead in apparent Long Beach murder-suicide 55 min ago
- Playa del Rey home break-in caught on camera 21 min ago
- Beverly Hills High School gunman threat false 28 min ago
- Oxnard hit-and-run victim in critical condition
- US economy adds 175,000 jobs in February
- Crimean, Russian politicians talk referendum
- abcnews: PA woman charged w/ teen's illegal abortion
- Factors that may lead to Alzheimer's disease
- Justin Bieber's urine test video released
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus' Twitter jabs at Katy Perry