Los Angeles News
CA suit against Bell officials to go forward
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The state of California's lawsuit against former and current Bell city officials will go forward.On Monday, a judge rejected a bid by the state attorney general's office to put the lawsuit on hold pending the outcome of the criminal corruption case against former city manager Robert Rizzo and other city leaders.
The judge hinted that the state was premature in filing its lawsuit, possibly compromising the criminal case.
Eight Bell officials are charged with misappropriating millions of dollars in public funds.
fraud, los angeles news
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case 50 min ago
- Fontana suspect escapes from police station 51 min ago
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe 49 min ago
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Malaysia missing jet: Stolen passports probed
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Port Authority records tied to chair subpoenaed
- Parents distracted by devices, study says 8 min ago
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- 'The Bachelor' finale: 5 things to know...