Los Angeles News
CA suit against Bell officials to go forward
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The state of California's lawsuit against former and current Bell city officials will go forward.On Monday, a judge rejected a bid by the state attorney general's office to put the lawsuit on hold pending the outcome of the criminal corruption case against former city manager Robert Rizzo and other city leaders.
The judge hinted that the state was premature in filing its lawsuit, possibly compromising the criminal case.
Eight Bell officials are charged with misappropriating millions of dollars in public funds.
fraud, los angeles news
- Charges expected against sheriff's officials 45 min ago
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions 58 min ago
- Ex-SD Mayor Filner sentenced for harassment 30 min ago
- Holiday shipping deadlines quickly approaching
- 1 dead, 1 hurt in unrelated Pomona shootings
- Icy storm persists, disrupts travel in east US
- North Korea purges Kim Jong Un's uncle
- abcnews: Campus cop fatally shoots Texas student
- Nelson Mandela memorial to see world leaders 2 min ago
- Riot police storm opposition offices in Ukraine
- American Airlines, US Airways merger complete
- Torre, La Russa, Cox elected to Hall of Fame
- Leighton Meester to make Broadway debut 27 min ago
- OTRC: Meredith Baxter weds partner Nancy Locke
- Doonya offers Bollywood-inspired workout
42 min ago