Los Angeles News
Charges against San Gabriel mayor dropped
SAN GABRIEL, Calif. (KABC) -- Prosecutors have dropped charges against the former mayor of San Gabriel because the alleged victim has left the country.
Lu Chen is no longer in the U.S. and prosecutors can't file charges because they can't reach her.
Former Mayor Albert Huang, 35, had been charged with robbery and battery after he was arrested for driving at high speeds with Chen hanging off his car.
Police say the pair had had an argument and Huang took off with her purse and keys.
Huang maintained his innocence but resigned as mayor in October.
san gabriel valley, arrest, los angeles news
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions
- Body of woman found on 5 Freeway in Santa Ana
- Car rally held in honor of actor Paul Walker
- Nelson Mandela remembered at South LA church
- Cyclist killed in crash w/ sheriff patrol car
- Small plane lands on 241 toll road in OC
- Man found dead inside Palmdale apartment
- IE shooting leaves 18-year-old man dead
- abcnews: Campus cop fatally shoots Texas student
- Icy storm persists, disrupts travel in east US 18 min ago
- Ukraine sees largest anti-govt protest since 2004
- Torre, La Russa, Cox elected to Hall of Fame 8 min ago
- 'Frozen' tops box office in its 2nd week
- OTRC: Susan Boyle's Asperger's Syndrome diagnosis