Los Angeles News
Charges against San Gabriel mayor dropped
SAN GABRIEL, Calif. (KABC) -- Prosecutors have dropped charges against the former mayor of San Gabriel because the alleged victim has left the country.
Lu Chen is no longer in the U.S. and prosecutors can't file charges because they can't reach her.
Former Mayor Albert Huang, 35, had been charged with robbery and battery after he was arrested for driving at high speeds with Chen hanging off his car.
Police say the pair had had an argument and Huang took off with her purse and keys.
Huang maintained his innocence but resigned as mayor in October.
san gabriel valley, arrest, los angeles news
- Malaysia Airlines flight goes missing
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Fatal South LA fire determined suspicious
- Oxnard residents burglarize home
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- abcnews: Meat contaminated w/ LSD sickens family
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Former NFL player Sharper to stay in jail
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- OTRC: Ke$ha leaves rehab after 2 months