Los Angeles News
Storm-closed PCH lanes could open on Monday
MALIBU, Calif. (KABC) -- A nearly 10-mile stretch of Pacific Coast Highway near the Ventura County line could re-open as early as 6 p.m. Monday.
A rockslide closed PCH from Yerba Buena Rd. to Las Posas Rd. on December 19.
Since then, crews have been cleaning up debris and removing loose boulders that could fall on the highway.
Rocks and about 3 feet of mud collected in some spots due to the slide.
Geologists from Caltrans say they need to make sure the hills are stable before re-opening the road.
road closure, pacific coast highway, los angeles news
- Fast food workers protest, want $15 an hour
- US teacher killed in Benghazi: officials
- The Game raises money for family of slain boy
- Motorcycle officer struck by hit-run driver
- 2 deputies OK after crash on West 105 Freeway 32 min ago
- LAPD seeing fewer qualified applicants
- LA council OKs restrictions on e-cig sellers
- UCLA police seek sexual battery suspect
- Cold snap moving across Southern California
- Bratton picked as NYPD commissioner again 55 min ago
- Stolen truck with radioactive load found
- abcnews: Teen saved after swallowing magnets
- Paul Walker autopsy results released
- OTRC: Beyonce posts bikini pics, goes on vegan diet
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
50 min ago
- Holiday headaches triggers to watch out for
7 min ago