Los Angeles News
17 hospitalized after NYE rave at LA arena
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Authorities said 17 people were hospitalized after a huge New Year's Eve rave at the Los Angeles Memorial Sports Arena.
Most of those hospitalized were treated for possible ecstasy and alcohol overdoses.
L.A. Fire Department officials said an additional 62 people were also treated on site for a variety of minor injuries and illnesses.
Several people were also arrested on suspicion of drug possession.
Nearly 26,000 people attended the 13th annual Together As One electronic music festival, which began at 5 p.m. Friday and ended at 2 a.m. New Year's Day.
One possible ecstasy overdose patient was said to be a dialysis patient.
Raves had been banned at the arena in June after a 15-year-old girl overdosed and died at a rave there.
However, commissioners lifted the ban in November.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
los angeles news
- Flasher strikes UC Riverside, community college
- Man killed in South Los Angeles hit-and-run
- Trailer spills rocks on westbound 10 Freeway
- Claremont sexual predator charged with felonies 36 min ago
- Suspicious bag found on the tarmac at LAX 5 min ago
- Two men arrested in Simi Valley car thefts
- Anaheim fire: House had pack rat conditions
- Man found dead outside fumigated OC house
- Victory for mom who sued TSA over breast milk
- Murder suspect worried tattoo might hurt case
- abcnews: Navy officer reunited with wife, daughters
- Object found in Australia likely not from jet
- 4 Hollywood execs deny sexual abuse claims
- OTRC: Laura Prepon reacts to Tom Cruise rumors