Los Angeles News
17 hospitalized after NYE rave at LA arena
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Authorities said 17 people were hospitalized after a huge New Year's Eve rave at the Los Angeles Memorial Sports Arena.
Most of those hospitalized were treated for possible ecstasy and alcohol overdoses.
L.A. Fire Department officials said an additional 62 people were also treated on site for a variety of minor injuries and illnesses.
Several people were also arrested on suspicion of drug possession.
Nearly 26,000 people attended the 13th annual Together As One electronic music festival, which began at 5 p.m. Friday and ended at 2 a.m. New Year's Day.
One possible ecstasy overdose patient was said to be a dialysis patient.
Raves had been banned at the arena in June after a 15-year-old girl overdosed and died at a rave there.
However, commissioners lifted the ban in November.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
los angeles news
- Fallbrook bus crash: 1 dead, several injured
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- Baca says special hiring program dismantled
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Anaheim 28 min ago
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- abcnews: Service dog helps girl in surgery
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected
- Local woman receives seizure-treating implant
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis