Los Angeles News
17 hospitalized after NYE rave at LA arena
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Authorities said 17 people were hospitalized after a huge New Year's Eve rave at the Los Angeles Memorial Sports Arena.
Most of those hospitalized were treated for possible ecstasy and alcohol overdoses.
L.A. Fire Department officials said an additional 62 people were also treated on site for a variety of minor injuries and illnesses.
Several people were also arrested on suspicion of drug possession.
Nearly 26,000 people attended the 13th annual Together As One electronic music festival, which began at 5 p.m. Friday and ended at 2 a.m. New Year's Day.
One possible ecstasy overdose patient was said to be a dialysis patient.
Raves had been banned at the arena in June after a 15-year-old girl overdosed and died at a rave there.
However, commissioners lifted the ban in November.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
los angeles news
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate hospital attacks
- Teen survives CA to HI flight in wheel well
- 3 new Hollywood sex abuse lawsuits expected
- LAPD officer hurt in Northridge 4-car crash
- LA coach gets 130 years in child molest case
- Oxnard pedestrian hit at intersection, dies
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- SKorea ferry accident death toll at 58
- abcnews: Dashcams capture possible meteorite
- Kevin Sharp, country singer, dies at age 43
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Kate Mara on 'Transcendence,' terrorist role