Los Angeles News
17 hospitalized after NYE rave at LA arena
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Authorities said 17 people were hospitalized after a huge New Year's Eve rave at the Los Angeles Memorial Sports Arena.
Most of those hospitalized were treated for possible ecstasy and alcohol overdoses.
L.A. Fire Department officials said an additional 62 people were also treated on site for a variety of minor injuries and illnesses.
Several people were also arrested on suspicion of drug possession.
Nearly 26,000 people attended the 13th annual Together As One electronic music festival, which began at 5 p.m. Friday and ended at 2 a.m. New Year's Day.
One possible ecstasy overdose patient was said to be a dialysis patient.
Raves had been banned at the arena in June after a 15-year-old girl overdosed and died at a rave there.
However, commissioners lifted the ban in November.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
los angeles news
- Search widens for missing Malaysian jet 53 min ago
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen 29 min ago
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- IE suspect found after escaping from police
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video
- Photos: 'Bachelor' Juan Pablo kisses 5 contestants