Los Angeles News
Driver shot, wounded on 91 Freeway in LB
BELLFLOWER, Calif. (KABC) -- Detectives were searching for clues in a shooting on the 91 Freeway in Long Beach overnight.
Someone shot the driver of a Range Rover around 1:30 a.m. Wednesday on the westbound 91 between Downey Avenue and Paramount Boulevard.
The victim was able to drive to a gas station at Alondra Boulevard and Woodruff Avenue in Bellflower, and was taken to a hospital. He was expected to survive.
Two passengers inside the car weren't hurt.
Police said the driver had been in some sort of fight with another driver before the shooting. They said the victim was not cooperating with the investigation.
Anyone with information about the shooting was asked to call the Crime Stoppers hotline at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477).
shooting, freeway, long beach, los angeles news
- 2 dead after car plows into crowd near SXSW
- Malaysia: No debris at spot on China images
- 2 sought for stealing purses at Bell salons
- NYC apartment explosion, collapse kills 5
- Indecent exposure suspect sought in Irvine
- Bell trial: Rizzo's sentencing postponed
- Mom of wandering boys was supervised by CPS
- Body of man found at Montebello parking lot
- Colorado River Board of CA discusses drought
- FBI hunting Hawaii for top terror suspect
- abcnews: Target thigh gap photo flap sparks outrage
- Soldier pops out of box, surprises daughter
- Chris Pine arrested for DUI in New Zealand
- OTRC: 'The Big Bang Theory' renewed for 3 seasons