Los Angeles News
Driver shot, wounded on 91 Freeway in LB
BELLFLOWER, Calif. (KABC) -- Detectives were searching for clues in a shooting on the 91 Freeway in Long Beach overnight.
Someone shot the driver of a Range Rover around 1:30 a.m. Wednesday on the westbound 91 between Downey Avenue and Paramount Boulevard.
The victim was able to drive to a gas station at Alondra Boulevard and Woodruff Avenue in Bellflower, and was taken to a hospital. He was expected to survive.
Two passengers inside the car weren't hurt.
Police said the driver had been in some sort of fight with another driver before the shooting. They said the victim was not cooperating with the investigation.
Anyone with information about the shooting was asked to call the Crime Stoppers hotline at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477).
shooting, freeway, long beach, los angeles news
- Man found tied up, burned on 605 Freeway 26 min ago
- Boston bombing anniversary disrupted by hoax
- Victim's mother faces murder suspects in court
- San Pedro Elks Lodge fire may be suspicious
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- Murrieta suspect fixated on girls' socks
- Teen caught egging homeless woman in Lancaster
- abcnews: Conjoined twins leave Dallas hospital
- Photos: Boston Marathon bombing - 1 year later
- First women move into Army combat jobs
- South Korea ferry sinks; hundreds rescued 11 min ago
- Google Glass raises public privacy concerns 35 min ago
- 'Fast & Furious' enlists Paul Walker's brothers
- OTRC: Ice Cube clarifies Paul Walker comments