Los Angeles News
Thief returns to store to report missing car
GLENDORA, Calif. (KABC) -- A suspected thief called even more attention to himself after trying to rip off a Glendora Walmart store.
On Monday, Cloyde Pulmones thought he had Walmart scammed. Officials said a surveillance video showed the 32-year-old Corona resident grab a $300 computer, then head straight to the register and show a receipt.
"He had an old receipt that he had and went into the store and alleged that the computer that he had with him was actually purchased that day with an old receipt," said Lt. Tim Staab of the Glendora Police Department.
The clerk allowed the man to leave. The suspect left holding his new computer in one hand and his old receipt in the other hand. He headed straight for his car to get away, but his car wasn't there.
"We received a call from a repo company. Unbeknownst to the suspect, a repo company had been following him all during that day and when he parked it in that Walmart parking lot, his car actually got repossessed," said Staab.
The suspect headed back into Walmart to report that his car had been stolen.
But Walmart security had been tracking Pulmones' suspicious behavior and police were already on their way to arrest him for burglary.
"His middle name was probably 'moron.' Who in their right mind would do what he did?" said shopper Jeff Sanchez.
"What an idiot. I mean, if you're going to steal something and then run out and call the cops on the fact that you got your car stolen, you deserve to go to jail twice," said shopper Karen Vega.
"John Wayne once said 'Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid,'" said Staab.
Officials said Pulmones has a long criminal past, including several counts of burglary.
caught on tape, stupid criminals, los angeles news, elex michaelson
- Report of gun in LA Times bldg: suspect detained
- Aide to councilman linked to armed robbery
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnap, rape
- E-cigarette ban in public to go into effect
- SaMo teacher reinstated after subduing student
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- Oakland woman collapses at Coachella, dies
- 4 sought in Highland home-invasion robbery
- South Korea ferry captain arrested - Yonhap
- Mount Everest avalanche kills at least 12
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims
- Cute bear cub left alone at animal rescue
- Katharine McPhee stars in romantic TV film 35 min ago
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour
- FBI seeks '76 murder suspect, possibly in...
59 min ago