Los Angeles News
Explosive fire in Los Feliz destroys 4 cars
LOS FELIZ, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A garage fire destroyed four cars and damaged a handful more at a Los Feliz apartment complex early Friday morning. The cause of the fire was under investigation.
Authorities responded to the carport fire on the 4500 block of West Los Feliz Boulevard at about 3:30 a.m. and found several cars on fire.
"I woke up and my bedroom was all lit up from the fire," said resident Rose McDermott.
It took about 20 minutes for firefighters to declare a knockdown, but by then, four cars had been destroyed. At least five other cars were damaged.
"I just heard these huge explosions. I was told later it was the tires exploding. It was so loud, and then my window exploded into my apartment," said resident Laurie Scribner.
The flames were so hot they melted part of Sonja Bertucci's Prius.
No one was injured.
McDermott said she was shocked to look out her blown-out window and see her Oldsmobile destroyed.
"I have insurance, but it's probably not worth a dime," she said. "Right now, I'm still shaking and I'm still upset."
los feliz, fire, los angeles news, elex michaelson
- Car rally held in honor of actor Paul Walker 39 min ago
- Nelson Mandela remembered at South LA church 34 min ago
- Man wakes up locked inside dark empty plane
- Storm moves out of SoCal; cold air remains
- Small plane lands on 241 toll road in OC 24 min ago
- Pasadena apartment fire caused by heater
- Body of woman found on 5 Freeway in Santa Ana
- 2 sought in Lancaster home invasion robberies
- VC suspicious death investigation underway
- abcnews: Couple accused of Craigslist murder
- Cold weather brings flight cancellations
- Ukraine capital facing anti-govt protest
- 'Frozen' tops box office in its 2nd week
- OTRC: Susan Boyle's Asperger's Syndrome diagnosis