Los Angeles News
Explosive fire in Los Feliz destroys 4 cars
LOS FELIZ, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A garage fire destroyed four cars and damaged a handful more at a Los Feliz apartment complex early Friday morning. The cause of the fire was under investigation.
Authorities responded to the carport fire on the 4500 block of West Los Feliz Boulevard at about 3:30 a.m. and found several cars on fire.
"I woke up and my bedroom was all lit up from the fire," said resident Rose McDermott.
It took about 20 minutes for firefighters to declare a knockdown, but by then, four cars had been destroyed. At least five other cars were damaged.
"I just heard these huge explosions. I was told later it was the tires exploding. It was so loud, and then my window exploded into my apartment," said resident Laurie Scribner.
The flames were so hot they melted part of Sonja Bertucci's Prius.
No one was injured.
McDermott said she was shocked to look out her blown-out window and see her Oldsmobile destroyed.
"I have insurance, but it's probably not worth a dime," she said. "Right now, I'm still shaking and I'm still upset."
los feliz, fire, los angeles news, elex michaelson
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate hospital attacks
- Teen survives CA to HI flight in wheel well
- 3 new Hollywood sex abuse lawsuits expected
- LAPD officer hurt in Northridge 4-car crash
- LA coach gets 130 years in child molest case
- Oxnard pedestrian hit at intersection, dies
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- SKorea ferry accident death toll at 58
- abcnews: Dashcams capture possible meteorite
- Kevin Sharp, country singer, dies at age 43
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Kate Mara on 'Transcendence,' terrorist role