Los Angeles News
Safety concerns raised at Bob Hope Airport
BURBANK, Calif. (KABC) -- The Federal Aviation Administration has safety concerns about Bob Hope Airport in Burbank.
Inspectors say the passenger terminal is too close to one of the runways.
Investigators looking into a near miss between two planes at the airport last spring raised the issue. It's been a concern for years.
To help alleviate the problem, the airport prohibited planes taking off to the east.
When they take off to the west, they're airborne before they're near the terminal.
Now airport officials are working to remove a weather sensor and a nearby windmill.
airport news, faa, los angeles news
- Malaysia Airlines missing jet: Oil slicks found 19 min ago
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Fatal South LA fire determined suspicious
- Oxnard residents burglarize home
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- abcnews: Meat contaminated w/ LSD sickens family
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Former NFL player Sharper to stay in jail
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- OTRC: Ke$ha leaves rehab after 2 months