Los Angeles News
Safety concerns raised at Bob Hope Airport
BURBANK, Calif. (KABC) -- The Federal Aviation Administration has safety concerns about Bob Hope Airport in Burbank.
Inspectors say the passenger terminal is too close to one of the runways.
Investigators looking into a near miss between two planes at the airport last spring raised the issue. It's been a concern for years.
To help alleviate the problem, the airport prohibited planes taking off to the east.
When they take off to the west, they're airborne before they're near the terminal.
Now airport officials are working to remove a weather sensor and a nearby windmill.
airport news, faa, los angeles news
- Fallbrook bus crash: 1 dead, several injured
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited 43 min ago
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- School hacking: Tutor wanted for questioning
- Rodman in NKorea to prep for basketball game
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court
- abcnews: Missing medical resident's car found
- Report finds bacteria on 97 percent of chicken
- Local woman receives seizure-treating implant 6 min ago
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis