Los Angeles News
Bell official wants city to pay legal fees
BELL, Calif. (KABC) -- One of the city officials involved in the Bell salary scandal wants the city to pay for her legal fees as she defends herself from corruption charges.In a cross-complaint filed with the court last week, Councilmember Teresa Jacobo said the city should pay because the alleged misconduct occurred during her capacity as a city official.
Jacobo and seven other current and former city officials are accused of defrauding taxpayers by granting themselves excessive salaries.
Former city manager Robert Rizzo also has asked for a court order directing the city to pay his attorneys' fees.
fraud, los angeles news
- 2 dead after car plows into crowd near SXSW
- Malaysia: No debris at spot on China images
- 2 sought for stealing purses at Bell salons
- NYC apartment explosion, collapse kills 5
- Indecent exposure suspect sought in Irvine
- Bell trial: Rizzo's sentencing postponed
- Mom of wandering boys was supervised by CPS
- Body of man found at Montebello parking lot
- Colorado River Board of CA discusses drought
- FBI hunting Hawaii for top terror suspect
- abcnews: Target thigh gap photo flap sparks outrage
- Soldier pops out of box, surprises daughter
- Chris Pine arrested for DUI in New Zealand
- OTRC: 'The Big Bang Theory' renewed for 3 seasons