Los Angeles News
Bell official wants city to pay legal fees
BELL, Calif. (KABC) -- One of the city officials involved in the Bell salary scandal wants the city to pay for her legal fees as she defends herself from corruption charges.In a cross-complaint filed with the court last week, Councilmember Teresa Jacobo said the city should pay because the alleged misconduct occurred during her capacity as a city official.
Jacobo and seven other current and former city officials are accused of defrauding taxpayers by granting themselves excessive salaries.
Former city manager Robert Rizzo also has asked for a court order directing the city to pay his attorneys' fees.
fraud, los angeles news
- London attack victim was a serving soldier
- Glendora yard dug up in 35-year-old cold case
- Bear cub breaks into a kitchen in Duarte 3 min ago
- Model murder trial: Case in hands of jury
- OC sheriff's reserve sergeant found beaten
- Bill proposed to reduce night airport noise
- Injured volunteer wants thousands from hiker
- Okla. tornado tore through 13,000 buildings
- abcnews: New Susan Powell video released 7 min ago
- Teen birth rate: Nearly all states see drop
- Arias jury stuck but must keep deliberating
- 'Hangover' films changed lives of the stars
- OTRC: Critics' Choice Television Awards nominees
- Tornado relief drives: More than $211K raised