Los Angeles News
Bell official wants city to pay legal fees
BELL, Calif. (KABC) -- One of the city officials involved in the Bell salary scandal wants the city to pay for her legal fees as she defends herself from corruption charges.In a cross-complaint filed with the court last week, Councilmember Teresa Jacobo said the city should pay because the alleged misconduct occurred during her capacity as a city official.
Jacobo and seven other current and former city officials are accused of defrauding taxpayers by granting themselves excessive salaries.
Former city manager Robert Rizzo also has asked for a court order directing the city to pay his attorneys' fees.
fraud, los angeles news
- Target probe focuses on processing centers
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Anaheim
- Lancaster woman found dead; sons questioned 23 min ago
- Man found dead after house fire in Orange
- Harry Reid in the hospital for observation
- Judge strikes down Utah's same-sex marriage ban
- abcnews: Service dog sniffs out girl's disease
- London theater collapse: Aging venues safe?
- Harry Potter play in the works by J.K. Rowling
- Casey Kasem conservatorship deal reached
- 9-yr-old FL girl is youngest to bowl 300 game 55 min ago
- OTRC: Phil Robertson's fam talk 'Duck Dynasty' future