Los Angeles News
Woman kidnapped and forced to withdraw money
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The hunt is on for a man who kidnapped a woman and forced her to take money out of an ATM.
Los Angeles police say he kidnapped a woman in a parking garage near Pico Boulevard and Bronson Avenue on Jan. 11. They say the robber forced the victim to drive to an ATM and withdraw money before dropping him off near Normandie Boulevard and 30th Street.
Throughout the robbery, the lower portion of suspect's face was covered with a dark colored shirt. He was wearing a black jacket, grey hooded sweatshirt, grey baggy sweat pants and dark-colored work boots.
The suspect is described as an African American, about 5 feet 8 inches tall and weighing 170 pounds.
Anyone with information is asked to call the LAPD at 1-877-LAPD-24-7.
robbery, kidnap, west los angeles, los angeles news
- NKorea deports captive American war veteran
- Covina home-invasion robbery: girl, dad shot
- Ex-detective arrested for tipping off gang
- Nelson Mandela's legacy honored around world
- 'Valley Bandit' wanted for 8 bank robberies
- Family settles over Chino school gun accident
- Suspected heist reported, 12 tons of pot found
- New Mexico cop fired after minivan shooting
- abcnews: Bill Clinton reveals insights from Mandela
- 6 detained in theft of radioactive material
- Smartphone apps for a better night's sleep
- Long Beach motorcycle show offers demo rides
- 'Out of the Furnace' showcases pacing, acting
- OTRC: Grammys 2014 - list of nominees