Los Angeles News
Runners hit pavement for Venice half marathon
VENICE, Calif. (KABC) -- Hundreds of runners are taking part Sunday in a half marathon that started about 7 a.m. in Venice.
The race began on Ocean Front Walk and Rose Avenue.
The route turns east on Venice Boulevard and continues to nearly to La Cienega Boulevard before doubling back west to the beach. The finish line is at the Windward Circle in Venice.
Front runners were expected to cross the finish line in a little over an hour.
The scenic 13.1-mile route is complete with live performances along the way.
If you need to get around Venice Boulevard, allow extra time.
Anywhere west of La Cienega, drivers who need to cross Venice will have to take the 405 Freewau until the road reopens at about noon.
venice beach, los angeles news
- Spaccia convicted in Bell corruption trial
- Blustering winds, low temps hitting Southland 1 min ago
- 18 indicted in LA Sheriff's Dept abuse probe
- Houseguest arrested after 80-year-old's death
- OCTA votes against 405 Freeway toll lanes
- Man who allegedly pranked coaches arrested
- Glendale man gets 5 yrs in 'sextortion' case
- Ex-SD Mayor Filner sentenced for harassment
- abcnews: Gun makers thriving year after Newtown
- Storm snarls travel; power outages persist
- New cockroach found in NYC can withstand cold
- 6 finalists announced for 2013 Heisman trophy
- 'Saving Mr. Banks' tells 'Poppins' back story
- OTRC: Meredith Baxter weds partner Nancy Locke
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
12 min ago