Los Angeles News
CHP officer sued by stepson for dad's death
DOWNTOWN LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A California Highway Patrol officer charged with fatally shooting her husband is being sued by her stepson.
Marcus Lemons' teenage son, Demarco Lemons, sued Officer Tomiekia Johnson last year for wrongful death after the 2009 shooting, according to the Los Angeles Times.
Johnson has pleaded not guilty to shooting her 31-year-old husband, saying she acted in self defense.
She was arrested last week after a long investigation.
Johnson is being held on $2 million bail.
california highway patrol, arrest, homicide investigation, murder, shooting, los angeles news
- LAPD cop car crash: 1 officer dead, 1 injured 3 min ago
- Water main break floods Santa Ana neighborhood 43 min ago
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train
- Bitcoin mystery: CA man denies being creator
- Los Angeles Marathon 2014 street closures 1 min ago
- 2 dead in apparent Long Beach murder-suicide
- Baldwin Hills natural gas leak: Repairs done
- Beverly Hills High School gunman threat false
- Russia would welcome Crimea, says top lawmaker
- abcnews: PA woman charged w/ teen's illegal abortion
- US economy adds 175,000 jobs in February
- Pistorius told guard 'everything is fine'
- Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy' 49 min ago
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)