Los Angeles News
CHP officer sued by stepson for dad's death
DOWNTOWN LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A California Highway Patrol officer charged with fatally shooting her husband is being sued by her stepson.
Marcus Lemons' teenage son, Demarco Lemons, sued Officer Tomiekia Johnson last year for wrongful death after the 2009 shooting, according to the Los Angeles Times.
Johnson has pleaded not guilty to shooting her 31-year-old husband, saying she acted in self defense.
She was arrested last week after a long investigation.
Johnson is being held on $2 million bail.
california highway patrol, arrest, homicide investigation, murder, shooting, los angeles news
- Motorcycle officer struck by hit-run driver 32 min ago
- LAPD seeing fewer qualified applicants 8 min ago
- LA council OKs restrictions on e-cig sellers
- Cold front moves across Southern California 35 min ago
- LAX shooting suspect appears in IE court
- UCLA police seek sexual battery suspect 53 min ago
- Ventura growers protect crops from freezing
- Sebastian Ridley-Thomas wins special election
- Stolen truck with radioactive load found
- abcnews: Mysterious stillbirths baffle doctors
- 'Top Gun' woman tapped for Pentagon no. 2 job
- Paul Walker autopsy results released
- Keri Russell's Brooklyn home burglarized
- OTRC: Gal Gadot cast as Wonder Woman in new film
- Gabor husband, daughter fight over spending
15 min ago
- Latest weather with Dallas Raines
37 min ago