Los Angeles News
Hermosa Beach may ban outdoor patio smoking
HERMOSA BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- The city of Hermosa Beach, one of the first cities to ban smoking on the beach, may further restrict smoking in public.
Two city councilmen are working on an ordinance to ban smoking on outdoor dining patios.
A final ordinance could be ready for a vote by September.
City leaders say the measure is needed to eliminate the effects of secondhand smoke and to protect public health.
A county report released in 2010 shows that the smoking rate in Hermosa Beach is among the highest in the area.
beach, los angeles news
- Spaccia convicted in Bell corruption trial
- 18 indicted in LA Sheriff's Dept abuse probe
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions 6 min ago
- Houseguest arrested after 80-year-old's death
- OCTA votes against 405 Freeway toll lanes
- Informant speaks out on jail abuse probe 51 min ago
- Glendale man gets 5 yrs in 'sextortion' case
- 'Button-down' Bandit' strikes Corona bank
- Ex-SD Mayor Filner sentenced for harassment
- abcnews: Gun makers thriving year after Newtown
- Storm snarls travel; power outages persist
- How healthy is flavoring up your water? 46 min ago
- Jenni Rivera plane crash: New details emerge
- OTRC: Meredith Baxter weds partner Nancy Locke
- Shop for gifts in Downtown LA this Christmas
33 min ago
- Latest weather with Dallas Raines
29 min ago