Los Angeles News
USC beefs up security on west side of campus
EXPOSITION PARK, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The University of Southern California is bolstering its security on the west side of campus
University officials say 12 public safety officers and 12 civilian security ambassadors will patrol in the Jefferson Park area west of Vermont Avenue.
USC's president said the school's security strategy is changing because more students are choosing to live in Jefferson Park.
He wants to offer them the same security now in effect in University Park, which is north of the campus. That area has experienced a 50 percent decrease in certain types of crime.
usc trojans, school, los angeles news
- Malaysia Airlines flight goes missing
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Fatal South LA fire determined suspicious
- Oxnard residents burglarize home
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- abcnews: Meat contaminated w/ LSD sickens family
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Former NFL player Sharper to stay in jail
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- OTRC: Ke$ha leaves rehab after 2 months