Los Angeles News
USC beefs up security on west side of campus
EXPOSITION PARK, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The University of Southern California is bolstering its security on the west side of campus
University officials say 12 public safety officers and 12 civilian security ambassadors will patrol in the Jefferson Park area west of Vermont Avenue.
USC's president said the school's security strategy is changing because more students are choosing to live in Jefferson Park.
He wants to offer them the same security now in effect in University Park, which is north of the campus. That area has experienced a 50 percent decrease in certain types of crime.
usc trojans, school, los angeles news
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate hospital attacks
- Teen survives CA to HI flight in wheel well
- 3 new Hollywood sex abuse lawsuits expected
- LAPD officer hurt in Northridge 4-car crash
- LA coach gets 130 years in child molest case
- Oxnard pedestrian hit at intersection, dies
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- SKorea ferry accident death toll at 58
- abcnews: Dashcams capture possible meteorite
- Kevin Sharp, country singer, dies at age 43
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Kate Mara on 'Transcendence,' terrorist role