Los Angeles News
2 arrested for brutal Eagle Rock park attack
EAGLE ROCK, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Two suspects have been arrested after a brutal attack at a park in Eagle Rock, but two suspects are still outstanding.
The victim was beaten Wednesday night at the Yosemite Recreation Center. Police say the man was jogging when four teens robbed him of his MP3 player, and then beat him over the head with their skateboards.
The victim was able to make it to a neighbor's house where he got help.
"He was actually hard to recognize because he was just covered in blood, with lacerations on his head that were just still bleeding," said the victim's neighbor, Michael Larsen.
Police say the suspects are not gang members, but they believe they are members of a "tagging" graffiti crew. Graffiti is painted on buildings and benches at Yosemite Recreation Center.
For some of the residents who use the park at night, their sense of security is in question.
If you have information about the attack, you're asked to call the LAPD at (877) LAPD-24-7.
eagle rock, arrest, los angeles news
- Nelson Mandela dies in South Africa at age 95 9 min ago
- Girl killed while walking in IE crosswalk
- Jameis Winston won't be charged in rape case
- Cold snap moving across Southern California
- Montebello remains are not human - coroner
- IE basketball coach accused of sexual misconduct
- UCSB meningitis: Fund for amputee student
- US teacher shot dead in Libya's Benghazi
- abcnews: Teen saved after swallowing magnets
- 2015 Ford Mustang still has plenty of muscle
- Identical triplets born to Sacramento couple
- Bynes leaves inpatient treatment, says lawyer
- Banksy 'Flower Girl' could fetch up to $300K
- OTRC: Benedict Cumberbatch recites R. Kelly lyrics