Los Angeles News
2 arrested for brutal Eagle Rock park attack
EAGLE ROCK, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Two suspects have been arrested after a brutal attack at a park in Eagle Rock, but two suspects are still outstanding.
The victim was beaten Wednesday night at the Yosemite Recreation Center. Police say the man was jogging when four teens robbed him of his MP3 player, and then beat him over the head with their skateboards.
The victim was able to make it to a neighbor's house where he got help.
"He was actually hard to recognize because he was just covered in blood, with lacerations on his head that were just still bleeding," said the victim's neighbor, Michael Larsen.
Police say the suspects are not gang members, but they believe they are members of a "tagging" graffiti crew. Graffiti is painted on buildings and benches at Yosemite Recreation Center.
For some of the residents who use the park at night, their sense of security is in question.
If you have information about the attack, you're asked to call the LAPD at (877) LAPD-24-7.
eagle rock, arrest, los angeles news
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnap, rape 34 min ago
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- 7.2-magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico 26 min ago
- E-cigarette ban in public to go into effect
- SaMo teacher reinstated after subduing student
- Oakland woman collapses at Coachella, dies
- Crates of mail found abandoned in Hollywood
- 4 sought in Highland home-invasion robbery
- Good Friday: Pope remembers those who suffer 47 min ago
- South Korea ferry captain arrested - Yonhap
- Mount Everest avalanche kills at least 12
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims
- Sub scours ocean for missing Malaysian jet
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)
- Lighting up historic Broadway Theatre...
53 min ago
- Los Angeles Mission serves Good Friday meals
15 min ago