Los Angeles News
2 arrested for brutal Eagle Rock park attack
EAGLE ROCK, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Two suspects have been arrested after a brutal attack at a park in Eagle Rock, but two suspects are still outstanding.
The victim was beaten Wednesday night at the Yosemite Recreation Center. Police say the man was jogging when four teens robbed him of his MP3 player, and then beat him over the head with their skateboards.
The victim was able to make it to a neighbor's house where he got help.
"He was actually hard to recognize because he was just covered in blood, with lacerations on his head that were just still bleeding," said the victim's neighbor, Michael Larsen.
Police say the suspects are not gang members, but they believe they are members of a "tagging" graffiti crew. Graffiti is painted on buildings and benches at Yosemite Recreation Center.
For some of the residents who use the park at night, their sense of security is in question.
If you have information about the attack, you're asked to call the LAPD at (877) LAPD-24-7.
eagle rock, arrest, los angeles news
- 2 dead after car plows into crowd near SXSW
- Malaysia: No debris at spot on China images
- 2 sought for stealing purses at Bell salons
- NYC apartment explosion, collapse kills 5
- Indecent exposure suspect sought in Irvine
- Bell trial: Rizzo's sentencing postponed
- Mom of wandering boys was supervised by CPS
- Body of man found at Montebello parking lot
- Colorado River Board of CA discusses drought
- FBI hunting Hawaii for top terror suspect
- abcnews: Target thigh gap photo flap sparks outrage
- Soldier pops out of box, surprises daughter
- Chris Pine arrested for DUI in New Zealand
- OTRC: 'The Big Bang Theory' renewed for 3 seasons