Los Angeles News
Construction worker dies in trench collapse
STUDIO CITY, Calif. (KABC) -- A worker at a construction site in Studio City died after becoming trapped under dirt in a trench collapse on Tuesday.
Rescue crews responded to 3931 N. Oeste Ave. just before 3 p.m. and found the worker unconscious and trapped with dirt up to his neck.
The fire department pronounced him dead at the scene shortly after. His name has not yet been released.
No further information is available at this time. Cal OSHA will investigate the incident.
studio city, los angeles news
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Malaysia missing jet: 'Every angle' probed
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Pistorius vomits during graphic testimony 51 min ago
- abcnews: Dog helps Army vet overcome PTSD
- Effexor recalled due to possible contamination
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- OTRC: Stacy Keibler weds boyfriend Jared Pobre 42 min ago