Los Angeles News
3 charged in $1M Boyle Heights car theft ring
BOYLE HEIGHTS, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- State prosecutors have charged three men with running a million-dollar car theft ring out of a Boyle Heights smog-check shop.
Luis Marroquin, Kirsio Cruz, and Martin Vasquez are all facing multiple felony charges of conspiracy, theft and forgery.
Investigators say it was a fairly sophisticated operation, using phony DMV documents and stolen driver's licenses and social security numbers to clear the liens and titles on two dozen cars, which were then sold.
The attorney general's office says Vasquez and Marroquin remain jailed and Cruz is free on bail.
east los angeles, los angeles news
- Woman attacked at OC mall parking structure
- 3 Simi Valley schools face possible shutdown
- NKorea executes leader's uncle as a traitor
- 12 arrested, $2.5M in drugs seized in sting
- Ex-deputy convicted in fatal bar shooting
- Bell's Rizzo to plead guilty to tax evasion
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense presents case
- House easily approves bipartisan budget bill
- abcnews: Ohio police chief slams Kanye West
- 4 stabbed in parking lot after Broncos game
- IKEA recalls lamp following death of child
- Giant lobster caught in Huntington Beach
- Redmond O'Neal testifies in Fawcett art case
- OTRC: Disney Channel film to feature Belle's son