Los Angeles News
3 charged in $1M Boyle Heights car theft ring
BOYLE HEIGHTS, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- State prosecutors have charged three men with running a million-dollar car theft ring out of a Boyle Heights smog-check shop.
Luis Marroquin, Kirsio Cruz, and Martin Vasquez are all facing multiple felony charges of conspiracy, theft and forgery.
Investigators say it was a fairly sophisticated operation, using phony DMV documents and stolen driver's licenses and social security numbers to clear the liens and titles on two dozen cars, which were then sold.
The attorney general's office says Vasquez and Marroquin remain jailed and Cruz is free on bail.
east los angeles, los angeles news
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate hospital attacks
- LAPD officer hurt in Northridge 3-car crash
- SKorea ferry accident death toll at 58
- LA coach gets 130 years in child molest case
- Woman fatally struck on 405 Fwy in Harbor City
- Oxnard pedestrian hit at intersection, dies
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- Pope Francis, crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- abcnews: Dashcams capture possible meteorite
- Kevin Sharp, country singer, dies at age 43
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Kate Mara on 'Transcendence,' terrorist role