Los Angeles News
Man shot by police after pursuit in East LA
EAST LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- There was a deputy-involved shooting in East Los Angeles after a short high-speed pursuit on Monday night.
It happened at Boswell Place and Sunol Drive around 8:20 p.m.
Deputies said the chase started when a man, wanted for assault on an officer, pointed a gun at another officer at Indiana Street and Olympic Boulevard.
It ended about five minutes later at a second location when the suspect again pointed a gun and deputies fired.
The suspect was taken to the hospital in critical condition.
No deputies were hurt.
deputy-involved shooting, east los angeles, los angeles news
- Lead found in soil at homes, school in Vernon 33 min ago
- Men w/ stolen passports on jet 'not terrorists' 4 min ago
- Overturned big rig shuts lanes on 91 East 36 min ago
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video
- Photos: 'Bachelor' Juan Pablo kisses 5 contestants