Los Angeles News
$75K offered to solve '02 Studio City murder
STUDIO CITY, Calif. (KABC) -- Investigators are hoping an increased reward will help solve a nine-year-old double murder.
In September 2002, police found a burning Mercedes-Benz SUV on a Studio City street.
Inside were the bodies of 35-year-old Michael Tardio and 31-year-old Christopher Monson.
Both had been shot.
A reward in the case stands at $75,000.
Police said they believe the two were killed as they tried to sell jewelry belonging to Tardio's girlfriend, featured in Playboy Magazine.
Anyone with information on the case is urged to call 1 (877) LAPD-24-7 or (877) 527-3247.
studio city, murder, los angeles news
- NKorea deports captive American war veteran 49 min ago
- Covina home-invasion robbery: girl, dad shot
- Nelson Mandela's legacy honored around world
- New cold front to bring chance of rain, snow
- 'Valley Bandit' wanted for 8 bank robberies
- Family settles over Chino school gun accident
- Suspected heist reported, 12 tons of pot found
- New Mexico cop fired after minivan shooting
- abcnews: Bill Clinton reveals insights from Mandela
- 6 detained in theft of radioactive material
- Robo-seal pups help patients fight dementia
- Long Beach motorcycle show offers demo rides
- Billy Joel to perform at the Hollywood Bowl
- OTRC: Grammys 2014 - list of nominees 1 min ago