Los Angeles News
Metro detours, road closures ahead of Oscars
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The 2011 Academy Awards are fast approaching, and there are some traffic issues Hollywood commuters should be aware of.
Metro bus service along Hollywood Boulevard will be detoured starting Monday while crews prepare that road and the Kodak Theater for the annual award show.
On actual Oscar Sunday, Red Line trains will bypass the Hollywood-Highland station completely.
There will also be road closures around Hollywood this week.
Sunday night, Hollywood Boulevard was closed in front of the Kodak Theater between Highland and Orange avenues.
The boulevard reopened Monday morning, but it was slated to close again at 10 p.m. and remain closed until next Tuesday.
This year's Oscar ceremony is set to air live on ABC7 from the Kodak Theatre in Los Angeles on Feb. 27, 2011. Check out a full list of Oscar nominations.
ABC7 and OnTheRedCarpet.com are your news sources for Oscars coverage. Live coverage from the Oscar red carpet begins at 2 p.m. PT. "On The Red Carpet at the Oscars" broadcasts LIVE on ABC7. We're also streaming the show online and on the free On The Red Carpet iPad app, available now in iTunes.
When the last awards have been given out, watch continuing coverage of the Governor's Ball and all the Oscar night parties as "On The Red Carpet at the Oscars" broadcasts LIVE on on ABC7. We're also streaming the show online and on the iPad app.
academy awards, road closure, traffic delay, hollywood, los angeles news
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks 35 min ago
- LA Times building threat: Man detained by LAPD
- Aide to councilman linked to armed robbery
- FBI seeks '76 murder suspect, possibly in SoCal
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnap, rape
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- Oakland woman collapses at Coachella, dies
- 4.3-magnitude earthquake strikes Kern County 15 min ago
- Earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea 18 min ago
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals 25 min ago
- SKorean sunken ferry captain, 2 crew arrested
- Michaels data breach: 2.6M cards affected
- Katharine McPhee stars in romantic TV film
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour